PDA

View Full Version : Did some coinshooting today

coinnut
04-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Was detecting solo today, so I could hit a spot that has very few targets. I spent the whole day walking up and down hills in an old picnic area that has served Del and me pretty well. But it is slim pickins for coins, but when you hit a coin it is no newer than around 1910. Today was no exception. Only two good coins to speak of, found in the first hour of the hunt :rolleyes: The rest of the day was spent chasing one cufflink (thought I had my first gold of the year) >:# and finally did some clad hunting to end the hunt. But I did notice that someone was at my spot :girlcry: Cover your holes people lol
Also saw that a lot of glass has surfaced and found some nice bottles, but none that were not broken. This bottle didn't really catch my eye because of the clear color and screw cap design. But the bottom says bottled in 1877 :shocked04: Where is the Indian Head to go with that bottle :crying02: Also found one of my gadgets from 2 years ago that I lost. It's kinda sad that I can walk the same remote hill two times in a row. :rolleyes: A nice hunt and 2 more nice coins for the bucket lol But I did find a tick on me. Got him before he could sink in any further. I hate ticks >:/

Epi-hunter
04-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Two GREAT coins :clapping: Congratulations!!!

Are you serious? :thinkingabout: That electronic item, whatever it is, was yours? :confused: :shocked04: :)

coinnut
04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Are you serious? :thinkingabout: That electronic item, whatever it is, was yours? :confused: :shocked04: :)

lol Yep, it's a mileage / calorie/ step counter. Got it to keep track of how many miles I walk in them hills :yes: From the looks of it, I won't be counting anything with it 8/ I'm just mad that I took the exact same path to climb this hill, (mostly made of trap rock). How can I find anything if I keep detecting the same paths rofl

randy
04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Sweet digs man <: Nice to see you rescued those fine coins from whoever is not filling their holes >:#

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
you are always losing something man but,ya found some nice coinage! congrats!

milco
04-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Sweet coins, I'd walk the same paths up and down hills to find those any day!

coop
04-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!! I haven't found a seated yet this year thumbsup01 Congrats !!!!!! HH

hockeyguy
04-24-2011, 08:21 PM
very nice George.....you need to get another one of those with a GPS that can track ur steps....geez. then you'll never walk the same path! Awesome seated....you guys better leave some in the ground for us. THat's 4 found today. :perfect10:

jkress
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow... those two coins would absolutely make my day. :happydance01:
I can't wait to pull a seated dime or better yet, a quarter. :daydream:
You did very well at that park once again.
Congrats.

angellionel
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Two excellent finds George! :happydance01: Just one of them would make a great hunt. :peace: I think you need to carry a backpack to avoid losing any more things. lol And those ticks are at it already! I hate them critters! >:/ But you got him before he got you, and you walked away with some very nice keepers. :clapping:

coinnut
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I think you need to carry a backpack to avoid losing any more things. lol

rofl I have a backpack...it stays home now. You see I left it at a site (the one we took you to..deep in the woods). I had to run back and get it after a full days hunt. We almost got to the Jeep when I realized I left it behind. 8/ It's easier to just lose, and the find the items later rofl Kinda like detecting and geocaching all in one thumbsup01

angellionel
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM
rofl I have a backpack...it stays home now. You see I left it at a site (the one we took you to..deep in the woods). I had to run back and get it after a full days hunt. We almost got to the Jeep when I realized I left it behind. 8/ It's easier to just lose, and the find the items later rofl Kinda like detecting and geocaching all in one thumbsup01

Oh yeah, I remember that now. rofl Never mind. :cheesysmile: lol

Ill Digger
04-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Now thats my kinda coinshooting !! :clapping: lol
Not many coins but the ones you did find were quality finds !! :drool: :envious:
They're both in great shape!!
Congrats :grin:
Ticks! :hairpulling: I hate those blood sucking parasites too!! >:# :beatdown:

RobW
04-25-2011, 08:12 AM
George you're freakin' hilarious... rofl If you would quit thinking about all of your great finds, and where the next one is, maybe you'd have some brain power to remember all the things you lose.

Those are some great finds though! thumbsup01

CTDirtFisher
04-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Nice hunt George! Either of those coins would have made my day :peace:

aloldstuff
04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
great hunt with some good coins. Now robw shouln't be talking about losing items......

del
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
nice seated George that area will never be hunted out

odave
04-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Two great coins :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: