PDA

View Full Version : SILVER EAGLE SNIFFED OUT SOME SEATED LADIES!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Decided to go back to my favorite church green that has given up seateds in the past.I brought along the minelab XS and wanted to work with it for awhile.after an hour of that machine sounding like a flute and a handfull of rusty nails and a pull tab.i decided its time to get back to what i know best..my white's!
i was whispering under my breath dear God this place gave up seateds before please let me find just one more at least.BAM! first target was the religeous doves tie pin.(must have been a sign of my little talk a few mins before believe it or not).next target penny/dime bouncin to qtr at 6 inches :shocked04: my seated!!!!!!!!! :angelic: took 3 steps BAM another one! :shocked04: after 4 IH's i got another silver seated then the merc,then to end the day the sterling cufflink.some fraternity i would imagine.
what a great easter hunt it was for sure!
hope you all had a safe and blessed holiday!
***NOW YA SEE WHY I'M AFRAID TO ASK ANGEL TO COME ON A HUNT WITH ME HERE??*** rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 07:57 PM
more pics

coop
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Awesome Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love seated silver!!!!!!!! HH

milco
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Awesome hunt Dave! Big congrats on those seated ladies!

coinnut
04-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Super hunt man. It's Seated day today lol Them cufflinks are Alpha Delta Phi. Sweet digs man. Why God delivers when you ask, I'll never know rofl Just don't use up all your favors aye? :thinkingabout:

hockeyguy
04-24-2011, 08:15 PM
3 seateds in one day:huh: fantastico! :beerbuddy: :perfect10:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Super hunt man. It's Seated day today lol Them cufflinks are Alpha Delta Phi. Sweet digs man. Why God delivers when you ask, I'll never know rofl Just don't use up all your favors aye? :thinkingabout:

thanks G.yeah seems like when i ask he answers.anyways can you translate alpha delta phi? ya think these are victorian as well?further away another hunt i dug a almost identical oval portion of cuff link with the line around oval.had letters HM in that one. bet it was the same guy who lost this one! that means theres still the other half of the HM one in here somewhere :confused:

jkress
04-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Man that is a sweet hunt. :shocked04: :clapping:
Three seated coins in an afternoon is simply fantastic.
Then add a merc and IH's and the hunt becomes... <:
Love the cufflink. That's a nice find.
Congrats HMN.

coinnut
04-24-2011, 08:31 PM
thanks G.yeah seems like when i ask he answers.anyways can you trnslate alpha delta phi? ya think these are victorian as well?

The Alpha Delta Phi are greek letters that are used by Fraternities and Sororities, usually the first is all male and the second one is all female, but nowdays they are usually mixed. I think yours is from a mixed bunch. Here's a link to tell you more then you care to ever know about it lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternities_and_sororities

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
The Alpha Delta Phi are greek letters that are used by Fraternities and Sororities, usually the first is all male and the second one is all female, but nowdays they are usually mixed. I think yours is from a mixed bunch. Here's a link to tell you more then you care to ever know about it lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternities_and_sororities

in August, 1839 in response to the chartering of the new chapter of Alpha Delta Phi. so most likely this is a victorain era cufflink i would imagine

angellionel
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM
***NOW YA SEE WHY I'M AFRAID TO ASK ANGEL TO COME ON A HUNT WITH ME HERE??*** rofl

I would be very gentle with the place... very gentle. :drool: :drool: lol

Awesome finds Dave! You hit on some excellent coins. I sure do love those seated dimes. :smitten:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
I would be very gentle with the place... very gentle. :drool: :drool: lol

Awesome finds Dave! You hit on some excellent coins. I sure do love those seated dimes. :smitten:

thanks i know theres more seateds here.thats about 13 seateds that came out of this area. one of them being a beautiful EF-AU 1854 qtr that forino pilfered from me in this one small area i was working on side of bulding.2 acres to hunt and he comes up along side me and BAM he nailed it! >:/ rofl

coinnut
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
thanks i know theres more seateds here.thats about 13 seateds that came out of this area. one of them being a beautiful EF-AU 1854 qtr that forino pilfered from me in this one small area i was working on side of bulding.2 acres to hunt and he comes up along side me and BAM he nailed it! >:/ rofl

Still sore about that quarter are you? :poke: He only saved you from :crying02: when you would have scratched it digging ;) That is a lot of Seated from there :shocked04:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Still sore about that quarter are you? :poke: He only saved you from :crying02: when you would have scratched it digging ;) That is a lot of Seated from there :shocked04:
lol i won't lie..i have lost a few nights sleep over that.but,mikey deserved it.he's a good kid.
yeah its quite a bit of seateds,not to mention the barbers ,mercs and IH's :shocked04:

Ill Digger
04-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Wow Dave!! Thats unreal! And to dig them all separately too :shocked04: Thats a great spot!
The cuff links are a really cool find too 8) thumbsup01 If you can find the other piece you'll have yourself a pretty sharp set of links :yes:
I bet some alumni out there would pay dearly to own a set of vintage Victorian sterling silver cuff links ;)
Outstanding hunt !!
Congrats :grin:

RobW
04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
THat's a nice day of finds. Yeah, I would keep that one away from Angel too... lol

aloldstuff
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Very Very nice hunt. Love those seated, and to get three in one day.

Epi-hunter
04-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Wow, those are incredible seated coins!! :drool: :drool: The other finds are beautiful as well!! Congratulations on a great hunt! :perfect10:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-26-2011, 05:35 AM
thanks everyone! was a record day for me in seateds.last record was 2

pipster
04-26-2011, 10:05 AM
great great great :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: digs the details on those seated are just plain amazing :drool: :drool: :drool: bit jealous to say the least

JTGOLD
04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
congrats on the silver dimes,wtg.

odave
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Beautiful finds and Pic's thumbsup01 Hope You find More thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

tanacat
05-05-2011, 07:39 AM
:perfect10: Love it Dave- great hunt! |:confused:) AWESOME finds!!!

zrickkid
05-05-2011, 06:23 PM
What a dream hunt that would be for me. Congratulations to you sir! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) :angelic:

Spike
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
:envious: :envious: |:confused:) Love them seated coins have not found one in a long time thumbsup01 thumbsup01

wingmaster
05-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Awesome hunt, congrats on all the seated, merc, and IH's.