PDA

View Full Version : What are your goals for this year's upcoming digging season?

leslie(nova scotia)
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....everyone I'm sure had a great 2009 so what do you think you'll do this year as far as goals or aspirations in the hobby. Here are my top 5;
1. Return to the UK to dig again........looks like June
2. Return to the Dominican Rep to dig again.......looks like late April and the 1st of May
3. With Navy Davy hit a club hunt /individual hunt in Maine.......early June or earlier
4. Cross the last two items on my to find list for the full monty.....20 cent piece and a gold coin
5. Get out detecting and swinging more then the 117 times this past year.

So what's on your list.....enquiring minds would like to know!

del
01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
wow Les those sound great , very envious ;)

my first would be : getting adopted by Leslie and going to these great places to detect thumbsup01 ;) lol

40 coppers is a realistic goal i think.
just a few pieces of early American silver this year
and a couple of really cool relics would make me content for the year .

RickO
01-01-2010, 03:27 PM
My goal (for sometime in the future) is to find a major cache. Now, major does not mean millions, just a nice cache of silver or gold that was concealed for protection at some point in the past. That will make me very happy. By the way, if it is a really good one, I am not telling about it. lol RickO

coinnut
01-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Great goals Leslie. I think you should adopt Del, that would leave more coppers for me :yes: I'm looking to do some different hunting this year. Hopefully I can get out twice a week. Once for colonial items and once for 1900's items. But 50 coppers is what I'm after this year. ;)

randy
01-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Just to exceed any one of my stats from 2009, or to find just one measly piece of 1800s silver.

Jason in Enid
01-01-2010, 04:32 PM
My first goal is to learn my E-Trac as well as Angel knows his.

Second goal (and dependant on the first) is to double my total silver find count.

Third (as it has been for 25 years) is to find a gold coin.

Jack Flynn
01-01-2010, 06:19 PM
My goal is to hunt as many times as I can, find more old coins, and see this time next year!

Epi-hunter
01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
My goal is to get out more than I did in 2009, which was minimal.

Also I would like to find some new sites in Ky to detect. I suspect that my best detecting days will still be when I travel back to Iowa or to the northeast... and I am looking forward to that.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-02-2010, 07:51 AM
my goal is to have an equally good year as last year.some nice colonial hunting alongside my hunting partners and a bit more of the same competition amongst friends thumbsup01 i could go for a repeat of 2009 for sure.i'll say 44-45 coppers is my goal to match my age :grin: 45 in may so...

John M
01-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I usually don't set any goals at all.I like getting out to the old sites and I am content with any finds that I make.In search of Americas past and touching it's history is what I am after.

Now after all that has been said.I really would like to dig a George Washington Inaugural Button.That has been my goal since I started relic hunting.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I usually don't set any goals at all.I like getting out to the old sites and I am content with any finds that I make.In search of Americas past and touching it's history is what I am after.

Now after all that has been said.I really would like to dig a George Washington Inaugural Button.That has been my goal since I started relic hunting.

oh yeah! i forgot to mention that...me too!!!!!!! thumbsup01

SpringTxDigger
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I think for me it will be getting out to hunt more. It's really been a busy year and I wasn't able to hunt nearly as much as I would have liked. I also what to branch out to new hunting spots. It's easy to go back to that one spot that seems to produce all the time. And of course I wouldn't mind finding more silver that I did last year. HH Everyone.