PDA

View Full Version : 11 Indian Head Cents

angellionel
04-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Last year I had scouted out one small park and worked it for a very short time before heading to my original destination. The small park did not yield any silver at the time, but I did dig up several old wheat cents during that short hunt, so I kept the place in mind for a future hunt. Today I made it a point to visit that park again, and I worked it for almost three hours. This time the park gave up two silver coins, mercury dimes, dated 1919 and 1923. The park yielded other good finds as well - two pendants, 11 wheat cents, and 11 Indian Head cents. :happydance01:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/April/wheatsandsilver_042611.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/April/11_indianheadcents_042611.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/April/pendants_042611.jpg

The place has potential for more, so I will make time to work it again.

coinnut
04-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice Indian to Wheat ratio lol Tough hunting but you managed a couple of silvers. Looks like the park was just founded around 1900. Will be very hard to pull Seated or a copper from that one. :thinkingabout: Good hunt. thumbsup01

milco
04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice hunt, in spite of what coinnut said, I have a feeling you can sniff out some coppers or seated just about anywhere!

odave
04-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Beautiful finds !! Old wheats too :clapping: :clapping:
Congrats on the Mercs and IH Cents :perfect10:

dave in iowa
04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
wow , you have more indians in one hunt that i have to date , great hunt. thumbsup01

Have you ever had a workshop maybe on here , to help with the e-track , or is there one ,

Ill Digger
04-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Good thing you made some time thumbsup01 To bad there's no D on that 1914 wheatie :rolleyes: lol
What in the world did they do to that poor IH ? :confused: Man! Our predecessors sure did mangle some coins back in the day didn't they 8/
Nice hunt!! :envious:
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-27-2011, 06:50 AM
and he's off! |:confused:) how many silver so far now?
i thought this year you were gonna ignore those crappy signals and go for the GOLD? :confused:
nice hunt Angel. and G:huh::huh:thinkingabout: trust me.....he will pull a seated and a copper outta here. lol

aloldstuff
04-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Very nice hunt, 11 indians....WOW. I'm still looking for my 1st this year. Congrats on the silver and wheats also

Epi-hunter
04-27-2011, 07:46 AM
I remember the day when you found 20+ IH's. :) They sure like you :yes:

That park is definitely one to keep working. I would bet that you pull a barber or seated out of there before you are finished. :yes:

RobW
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Nice....apparently my GPS tracker is not working that I put on your car. I can't figure out where you go to get these goodies! lol

pipster
04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
glad you made it a point to go back there. does anyone in your area have own a metal detector :thinkingabout: or are you just that good. congrats you got a great haul out of there thumbsup01

coinnut
04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Nice....apparently my GPS tracker is not working that I put on your car. I can't figure out where you go to get these goodies! lol

Your GPS may not be working, but Angels is working just fine. He is searching all of your parks rofl Check under your left front fender :cheesysmile:

JTGOLD
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
you hit the JP today,well done.

v3ikid
04-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Man, you just keep knocking them out. Way to go Angel. The silvers are great but those are some nice Indian heads. |:confused:) :clapping:

angellionel
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone! :peace:

Nice Indian to Wheat ratio lol Tough hunting but you managed a couple of silvers. Looks like the park was just founded around 1900. Will be very hard to pull Seated or a copper from that one. :thinkingabout: Good hunt. thumbsup01

And yet pull a Seated coin is what I did today. :cheesysmile: lol

wow , you have more indians in one hunt that i have to date , great hunt. thumbsup01

Have you ever had a workshop maybe on here , to help with the e-track , or is there one ,

A workshop? :confused: We don't have one on this forum. What we have are the machine specific boards where members can discuss and share information and tips on the machines they use. :yes:

Good thing you made some time thumbsup01 To bad there's no D on that 1914 wheatie :rolleyes: lol
What in the world did they do to that poor IH ? :confused: Man! Our predecessors sure did mangle some coins back in the day didn't they 8/
Nice hunt!! :envious:
Congrats :grin:

Yeah, that IH sure was beat up. :shocked01: I had a hard time making out what it was when I first dug it up. lol

and he's off! |:confused:) how many silver so far now?
i thought this year you were gonna ignore those crappy signals and go for the GOLD? :confused:
nice hunt Angel. and G:huh::huh:thinkingabout: trust me.....he will pull a seated and a copper outta here. lol

I am going for the gold; it just hasn't been under my coil. lol

So far I have found 44 silver coins. I had a late start this year, with my first hunt being on March 27th. :yes:

And you and Angie called it! :shocked04:stretcher: Today I did dig up a seated dime and Barber coins from that park. :happydance01:

I remember the day when you found 20+ IH's. :) They sure like you :yes:

That park is definitely one to keep working. I would bet that you pull a barber or seated out of there before you are finished. :yes:

I'm doing well with the Indian Head cents this year. So far I have found 69. :smitten: Oh, and you won the bet. lol

My signal scrambler is apparently working well then. lol

glad you made it a point to go back there. does anyone in your area have own a metal detector :thinkingabout: or are you just that good. congrats you got a great haul out of there thumbsup01

On the East Coast? The New England area? :shocked04: At times it seems that everyone and his grandmother owns one. rofl Thanks pipster! thumbsup01

Man, you just keep knocking them out. Way to go Angel. The silvers are great but those are some nice Indian heads. |:confused:) :clapping:

They did hold up better than the ones I have found at other parks. :yes: These will clean up very nicely. :smitten: