PDA

View Full Version : Back out with the F5

Dimeman
04-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I have been using the F5 at all the totlots and then searching the grass areas afterwards, in parks that I have hunted and hunted and hunted. :thinkingabout:

The F5 has gotten more than a few clad coins in spots that were very close to metal poles, and the IDX didn't detect them, when I had searched there, for some reason. 8/
There were many fence poles,slides, swings and monkeybars that, right next to the metal poles, the F5 sounded off on coins, and I know I had checked as close as I could get, with the IDX at the same exact locations in the past. Some coins were very discolored meaning they had been hiding for a while. :omg:

I guess the Fisher F5's 5X10, thinner but longer coil was able to get closer than the 6 inch IDX coil on the Whites IDX. This has happened in almost every park I have been to with the F5 that I had used the IDX at.

My clad coin total has gone up since using the F5 this year----this month!!!!!!. I don't think it is a coincidence that I have been getting more coins and closer to metal structures while using a new detector less than a month old. 8) 8)
The F5 vs. the IDX :rolleyes:......the F5 is gaining more of a lead each time I use it. :peace:

coinnut
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Is the 5x10 a DD coil as opposed to the 6 concentric on the IDX?? That would have a lot to do with it. It's nice to hear that the F5 is a good machine. Sometimes the upper, midrange units get lost to the top shelf F70 and F75 models. They should perform almost as well, without a lot of the bells and whistles. Keep us posted, especially if you have some deep targets. Nice to see it is treating you well.