PDA

View Full Version : Confederate Capt. S. P. Reed

Civil War Nut
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Most of yall know I have been hunting a Mans land for Camp Trenton . After he told me of his Grandfather being in the C.W. and showed me the field his old home place was , I decided to try and find some of his C. W. things he might have brought home . I done this because he let me hunt all his land . I still havent found the bottom of his reunion badge yet , but will probably be next year after they get the beans off . Corn fields are no fun to hunt . Mr Reed was very excited to see the little stuff I had found . I couldnt get the gold watch much cleaner , didnt have any sulfuric accid . Sam P. Reed enlisted at Arkansas I thank . He was captured and sent to Northern Indiana to a prison about the middle of the War . Thats about all I could come up with . This case and a bag of larger stuff was all that I found . My hats off to Capt. Sam Reed C . S . A.

zrickkid
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Looks like you found that guy some nice stuff. Its very nice of you to do that for his family. :angelic:

coinnut
04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
He lived a good long life :clapping: Nice relics found. It is always a thrill to touch something that is directly connected to a known individual. Congrats on a great display! thumbsup01

RobW
04-29-2011, 08:01 AM
That's pretty cool. Still quite a bit you found. :clapping:

aloldstuff
04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Congrats on all the finds. I am sure he was quite pleased and I'm pretty sure you are gonna find more. Keep diggin

JTGOLD
04-29-2011, 04:47 PM
neat finds,good job.