PDA

View Full Version : Wed and Thurs Hunts

RobW
04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Been raining a lot, but trying to get out when I can. Al and I's schedules have not lined up this week and we've been hunting seperatly.

On Wednesday I had to get some documents to someone in the next town over, but traffic was bruttal, between road construction and a semi getting stuck under a train tressel, it took me an hour to get out of town. I was in no hurry to get back, had my detector and a chenge of clothes in my car, so I decided to hit a park that I had not been to, but was on my list to check out. I scoped out the area and picked an area with some larger older trees, before long I was pulling wheats out of the ground...5 to be exact, and I got what I initially thought was silver, religios medal...after cleaning realized it was aluminum >:#...then my wife contacted me, I forgot that we were suppose to be ay my daughter's school, she said that she was on her way there. If she knew I was metal detecting and forgot, well we all know :bop:...so I went to the McDonald's around the corner and cleaned up and put my dress clothes back on and we pulled into the parking lot about the same time...she was none the wiser :cheesysmile:

On Thursday, the rain had stopped right at quitting time. There is a small park near my office that I've hit many, many times, that I've pulled a lot of wheats out of, but never a silver >{, they are planning on redoing it some time soon, so I went to see if they started work. They had not, but I was there. I decided on an area I had pulled the most wheats in the past, as I was walking in that direction, I was detecting.....got a nice hit and out came a wheat, a few more steps, and another....so I decided to stay in that area and grid. A short while later :loveit:...she came outta the ground....the first silver and a merc to boot. I had been telling Al that I knew silver was there....somewhere. So I gave him a call to rub it in...he had to stay home. I kept gridding the area, pulling 2 more silvers...Roosies and 3 more wheats. Then the neighborhood kids started filtering in playing soccer and I moved out of that area into a very, very less productive one. But It was still a great hunt for 2 hrs!

aloldstuff
04-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Well Well Well, three silvers = great hunt, which I was there. Loads of wheats. When is that etrac gonna find something bigger than a dime? See ya this weekend

RobW
04-29-2011, 08:22 AM
When is that etrac gonna find something bigger than a dime?

If it weren't for nickels, I'd be 2 ahead of you in the silver count and not just tied lol......I think we should only count those nickels as 1/2 (after all they're only 40% silver), therefore I'd be ahead by 1 :poke: lol

aloldstuff
04-29-2011, 08:32 AM
and the half = 5 and the quarters = 5, I'm in with that.

RobW
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Simply...... \:hammer:No \:hammer:..... lol

Your's may be bigger but mine are older :teasing: (1 Reale, seated dime)

aloldstuff
04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I just don't know what to say :teasing:

coinnut
04-29-2011, 09:53 AM
:boxing: :boxing: And the Silver War is on :boxing: :boxing: lol Nice silver score Rob :clapping: It will increase if they take a layer of dirt off of that place for sure. thumbsup01

milco
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh, silver sweet silver!

cnr_dogs
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Very nice hunt I might have to start carrying a change of clothes with me but my work clothes look like my detecting clothes so wife would still be mad >:{

angellionel
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Silver isn't going to be safe from you guys now, is it. lol lol Good hunting Rob! thumbsup01 And I see you were saved by McDonald's too. lol

JTGOLD
04-29-2011, 04:43 PM
nice silver good hunt.gg.

mike l
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Nice silver, and wheats to boot! great hunt :beerbuddy: