PDA

View Full Version : June 2011 issue of W&ET magazine

Dimeman
04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
:omg: :omg: For those who have a subscripton to Western & Eastern Treasures magazine---check out my story in the June issue. If you don't sub......see if you can get a copy. 8) 8)

Ill Digger
04-30-2011, 12:31 AM
I'll be lookin' for it :-> :yes:
I haven't got Junes yet :dontknow:

DaleGM
04-30-2011, 06:59 PM
:clapping: :clapping: WTG Robbie!!!! Ive been a subscriber for 5 years now but my copy is not in yet :dontknow: looking forward to reading it when it arrives..........
http://

Dimeman
04-30-2011, 07:31 PM
:clapping: :clapping: WTG Robbie!!!! Ive been a subscriber for 5 years now but my copy is not in yet :dontknow: looking forward to reading it when it arrives..........
http://

Don't feel bad I have had a sub for 30 years and I haven't my copy in the mail yet. :dontknow:

I went to a book store and bought the 5 copies that they had on the rack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance01: :happydance01:

Ill Digger
04-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I went to a book store and bought the 5 copies that they had on the rack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance01: :happydance01:
lol Sounds like something I'd do. :yes: lol

coinnut
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Well, has anyone seen it yet? lol You are killing me with suspense >:{ Congrats on the story, whatever it's about :clapping:

Dimeman
05-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Metal Detecting- A Neverending Adventure---- story title is listed on the cover, and on page 51 is my story. <: <: <: <: <: <: <:

BOWSER
05-09-2011, 07:38 PM
i'm gonna look for one tommorrow.

tanacat
05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Congrats! I'll be looking for you... thumbsup01

aloldstuff
05-11-2011, 11:58 AM
congrats, I'll be looking for the story

Jeff (or)
05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, I read the story and enjoyed it very much. Very well done. :perfect10: Congrats!

Dimeman
05-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Congrats! I'll be looking for you... thumbsup01

tanacat---Reading your stories kind of had me wanting to write, and I just needed a good push, to get me to write one up...........which another AD member gave me. ( Thanks Abbadaba2 !!!!) thumbsup01

tanacat
06-09-2011, 10:41 AM
tanacat---Reading your stories kind of had me wanting to write, and I just needed a good push, to get me to write one up...........which another AD member gave me. ( Thanks Abbadaba2 !!!!) thumbsup01

Thanks Robbie :) I still haven't read your article. I think I can find it online though- need to subscribe to the mag! Abbadabba 2 mailed me a bunch of 2010 EWTreasures to give me incentive to write articles for them.

I'm working on one now, remember the stone house built in 1790? The match safe that said Commemorating the Purchase of Louisiana Territory with engraved faces and labeled Napolean and Jefferson 1804-1904. That was exciting! It was a World State Fair souvenier piece and neat to know that someone had prob travelled there and back for the event (by train or carriage).

My best coin finds were 1820 LC 1864L IH and 1917 merc. Lots of old buttons, spoons and lantern parts where I think the picnic area was. What will make the story most interesting is the Richard Hudnut rouge compact I found at about 7 below the dinner bell. When I showed the present owner, she said that must have belonged to my great grandmother, as she was notorious for wearing pink rouge. I gave it to her :yes:

And then recently at another site, I met a man who is related to the family. I told him the story of the compact and he said oh yes, she did wear the pink rouge! He said her full name and said he had a lot of old pictures (I think he said they were tin plates) of the house and family to use for the article! He also said she hid things everywhere- good reason to swing out there some more... :drool: After she passed away, family found jewelry and money hidden everywhere, behind curtains, crevices in the house, in the window sills and he suspected that she may have even buried that compact under the dinner bell.

Anyway, I will find your article! So happy for you to be published :)

Dimeman
06-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Tanacat, that sounds like a great story. 8) Let us know when it comes out. :yes:

I just sent in another story and am waiting to hear back from them....... :grin: