PDA

View Full Version : F5 schoolyard search

Dimeman
04-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Went back to the clad factory schoolyard---- and indeed got some clad to wind up April with. The Fisher F5 does like finding dimes and quarters. :yes: :yes:

The school was built in 1926 and is still in use. With todays economy I can't believe kids lose so much change at this school. :dontknow: It's bad for them---but good for me. :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile:

I did get a signal that I thought was a 4 inch deep dime....but turned out to be the top of a Barbasol shaving cream tube. Looked on the internet and saw the company made the tubes from when they started ( in 1919) up until the 1950's, when they started putting the shaving cream in aerosol cans.

Now at a school grounds why would there be a shaving cream tube in the open play area:huh:
Of course, since the area was once a WW1 training grounds, there could be a possibility the tube is from the camp.
I emailed the Barbosol company to see when exactly they stopped using the metal tubes with printing on the top and hope to hear back from them. I did get a couple pics from their website showing the tube. It is the same !!!!!!!!!!! :happydance01: :happydance01:

Todays clad total--- $7.84
20 Q
23 D
7 N
19 P

coinnut
04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice clad hunt Robbie. Sooner or later you will hit some of the older stuff. Sometimes I think it is just masked by the trash we throw out these days :rolleyes: You have a really nice clad count for the year already :clapping: Keep loosing them coins kids lol we detectorists need something to do thumbsup01

Dimeman
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Got a email back from the Barbasol company and they looked at the pic I sent and looked thru their archives said the tube was from the 20's...so the top of the Barbasol tube of shaving cream, was a WW1 camp item. thumbsup01 thumbsup01