PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE & COLONIAL HOME HUNT*LARGE CENT & GOODIES

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Got out with Foundation Hunter today.trying to get permission to access this cellar hole landed us permission from to colonial homeowners to do their yards.
we found the cellar hole.i got a oval knee buckle,a oval brooch & the busted crotal bell from that site.
we went to the 1814 house some clad,the yard definitely was filled in.on to the white 1797 home.Gary got a real nice 1785 VERMONTIS copper.
i dug the civil war store card,v-nickel,IH,1849 Large Cent,toy soldier and shoe buckle.
what nice elderly people,they invited us in for a soda & said come back anytime !

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
more pics

coinnut
04-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Those are some nice finds there Dave :clapping: Each one is in pretty good shape, especially the token. Gut feeling is that token may be a sought after one. It looks like a good collectable theme on it. :dontknow: You guys did well. Is the Vermont a Tensium copper?? (landscape or the just the Britannia type?)

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Those are some nice finds there Dave :clapping: Each one is in pretty good shape, especially the token. Gut feeling is that token may be a sought after one. It looks like a good collectable theme on it. :dontknow: You guys did well. Is the Vermont a Tensium copper?? (landscape or the just the Britannia type?)

Thanks G.if you can find out anything on this store card please let me know.
look up VERMONTIS variety.that's the one he has.says public vermont on one side back side has the rays

angellionel
04-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Lovely finds Dave. Many of the coppers you are finding have held up well. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Lovely finds Dave. Many of the coppers you are finding have held up well. :yes:

thanks Angel.good soil in this yard!

del
04-30-2011, 10:41 PM
wow , Dave that token looks like it was lost yesterday :shocked04:stretcher: :smitten: very sweet buckles and a copper to boot . a great day in my book |:confused:) , congrats .

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2011, 12:16 AM
wow , Dave that token looks like it was lost yesterday :shocked04:stretcher: :smitten: very sweet buckles and a copper to boot . a great day in my book |:confused:) , congrats .

thanks Dan! you have any reference books on civil war tokens and store cards?

Civil War Nut
05-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Hidy Heavy . I just looked up your Bee Hive 1863 . One sold for a good bit . And yours looks a lot better than that one did .