PDA

View Full Version : Got another silver out of my new place quick today!

Jack Flynn
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Had about 30 minutes to hunt and that was pushing it. Got a 1942 Newfoundland dime. It was about 8 inches deep with a nail in the hole just above it. Well the nail came out first :grin:

bmattioli
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice Silver, please send some warmth up our way in the NorthEast, I'm getting bored staying home and looking out the window all day..

coinnut
01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Nice way to ring in the new year thumbsup01 I've seen a bunch of Canadian dimes, but never one from Newfoundland. That's a nice one. Found with a nail above it? How did that one read?? I'm still amazed that the E Trac can find so many coins next to or mixed with iron. For a 30 minute hunt, I'd say you did quite well. :yes:

Jack Flynn
01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Nice Silver, please send some warmth up our way in the NorthEast, I'm getting bored staying home and looking out the window all day..

It's cold down here too! 40 degrees today with the wind at 15-20 mph. That's like being in Antarctica here in middle Georgia :cheesysmile: Usins suthurnars ain't used to that kind a wethar!!!!! :grin:

Jack Flynn
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice way to ring in the new year thumbsup01 I've seen a bunch of Canadian dimes, but never one from Newfoundland. That's a nice one. Found with a nail above it? How did that one read?? I'm still amazed that the E Trac can find so many coins next to or mixed with iron. For a 30 minute hunt, I'd say you did quite well. :yes:

This place has a lot of old nails in the ground. I mean a lot of them. The rust halos are a big challenge. A middle 1800's hospital used to be on the grounds and is gone now but I'm hunting the area around it. I actually don't remember what it ID'ed at, it sounded good and didn't move when I pinpointed it like a rusty nail seems to do on several pinpoints a lot of the time so I dug it. I'm tickled! I also got a very rare elusive Chucky Cheese token at .5 inch during the hunt.........I might stop by and use that one, it's up the street about a mile.

Jason in Enid
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Nice silver find.
I'm desperate to hunt again, but the weather stays crappy.

angellionel
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay, now I'm getting antsy. lol That's a good looking piece. It's good to know others are still able to get out to detect. thumbsup01

John M
01-03-2010, 08:02 AM
That is a good thing to look at,as i'm reacy my temp is 10 degrees and the wind is whipping.

del
01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Jack i don't recall ever seeing a New Foundland dime either , thats pretty cool

It's cold down here too! 40 degrees today with the wind at 15-20 mph. That's like being in Antarctica here in middle Georgia :cheesysmile: Usins suthurnars ain't used to that kind a wethar!!!!! :grin:

that kind of weather would be a very welcomed heat wave right about now Jack :yes:
you fellow American Detectorist guys down in the southern regions with your great finds and all year detecting are gonna get us through our winter and cabin fever we go through . Bless you all to. :yes: ;) :grin:

SpringTxDigger
01-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Good looking find Jack! Not bad for a 30 minute hunt. A good start to your year. Congrats!!

sectshun8
01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Really sweet Newfie dime JF thumbsup01 It's something I'd expect Les to find, but you... way down in GA? :huh:

RickO
01-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I believe I have one of those from my visits to Newfoundland (in the Navy), but amazing to see one come out of the ground way down south. RickO

Stang1968
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Nice dime- I didn't know Newfoundland had their own coinage so recently.