PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Washington State

Bulldog
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Howdy all. New to the forum and looking forward to meeting and talking with you. Just a little bit about me - I'm a 53 year old ex-police sergeant who likes detecting, and dredging for gold on my claims here in Washington. I'm also an aerobatic pilot who flys a Skybolt biplane that my dad and I built over a 12 year period. I'm also a martial arts instructor and taught defensive tactics for the police department. I now try to spend allot of time on my Harley, and I get out occasionally with my X-Terra 70 to hunt in local parks for coins and treasures - all depending on the weather here. >:{ Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.

HH,
Bulldog

Epi-hunter
05-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Wow :yes: Sounds like you have an exciting life! Thank you for the intro. Glad to have you here Bulldog, and looking forward to seeing more posts from you. Welcome! :happydance01:

Vito
05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome from good ol' germany, bulldog. Great to have you aboard.

Jeff (or)
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi Bulldog, glad to have you here at American Detectorist. Hope you get out and make some great finds this summer......I know what you mean about the weather. :beerbuddy:

del
05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
hello Bulldog and welcome to the forum , i wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures of skybolt if you don't mind . best of luck detecting this year and glad you could join us .

Dan

Bulldog
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Howdy, and thank you for the welcome! Yes Epi-hunter, I am blessed with a great and exciting life. I have a fantastic family and am able to enjoy life. Thanks the kraut and Jeff for the welcome - much appreciated. Howdy Del - posted a pic of my biplane, and me on my Harley, in the Pics thread. Hope you all have great luck findin' treasures throughout the summer too!

HH,
Bulldog

angellionel
05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Welcome aboard Bulldog! Glad to have you with us. thumbsup01

Bulldog
05-02-2011, 02:37 AM
hello Bulldog and welcome to the forum , i wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures of skybolt if you don't mind . best of luck detecting this year and glad you could join us .

Dan

Sure Dan, here's the pic of my Skybolt flying over Puyallup, Washington. Pic was taken from my buddy's Skybolt (you can see the flying wires between his two wings on the left side of pic). I'm flying from the back seat - my dad's along for the ride in the front seat. We're cruising along at about 160 mph. She's allot of fun to go upside down in too!. Yeehaww!

HH,
Bulldog

JTGOLD
05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
welcome to the forum from Illinois.

aloldstuff
05-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the forum from wester ma ( the good half). Sounds like you can be kept quite busy with all the hobies. Looking forward to your posts and keep diggin

coinnut
05-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome aboard Bulldog from western Massachusetts. :clapping: So..... :thinkingabout: Police sergeant and trained in martial arts :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: We need to hire you for some parks we would like to detect around here lol That would make us safe enough to hunt thumbsup01 Sounds like you have some great hobbies as well as a great family. Thanks for finding us and joining up. Hope you do well at that park and strike up some old coins.

Bulldog
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
lol Coinnut ... We could surprise a few bad-guys with a well trained bunch of swingers. :boxing: Just don't bend the detector shaft! :bop: rofl

Bulldog

jkress
05-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Bulldog... glad to have you here with us on American Detectorist and it is our pleasure that you joined the AD community. :yes:
Great introduction and it looks like you have the right vehicle to cut down on travel time to detect a few sites. lol
Looking forward to your posts.

Bulldog
05-06-2011, 12:20 AM
lol Yup, she cuts down on travel time pretty well... but at $6.20 per gallon for aviation fuel she don't go far! >:{ Although the Harley does get 40 mpg so with the detector strapped onto my back I should be able to get those far away treasures! thumbsup01 That is when the rain and snow stops! >:/

HH,
Bulldog

cnr_dogs
05-09-2011, 08:45 AM
welcometo the forum I am Chris in south central Idaho. Thanks for your public service nice looking plane ,happy hunting look forward to seeing your finds

russellt
05-10-2011, 09:00 PM
nice to meet you. this is a very friendly forum. youll like it here . we have something in common in a certain sense . i use to jump out of helicopters and ruin peoples day . but that was long ago ... at least you can talk turkey if a policeman tries to give you grief for detecting