PDA

View Full Version : Cool pic.....

Snowy
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Our daughter never ceases to amaze me. She was able to snap this shot on her own, camera in one hand....
I found several neat shots she had taken on her own for her digital media class at school. This was one of them. I thought it was cool.. The cat shown in this picture has been with us since before we bought this house... the cat is now 12 years old.... She's all black and her name is Shadow because when she was a kitten she was deathly afraid of her own shadow..... that's snow in the background. The photo was not digitally altered in any way... this is the way it came off the camera.

angellionel
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Our daughter never ceases to amaze me. She was able to snap this shot on her own, camera in one hand....
I found several neat shots she had taken on her own for her digital media class at school. This was one of them. I thought it was cool.. The cat shown in this picture has been with us since before we bought this house... the cat is now 12 years old.... She's all black and her name is Shadow because when she was a kitten she was deathly afraid of her own shadow..... that's snow in the background. The photo was not digitally altered in any way... this is the way it came off the camera.

That is a beautiful photo. There is talent there for sure. :)

Snowy
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Angel... I happened upon this because she's using the Olympus Stylus 840 camera I take with me in the field. Small, compact, easy to use with some ability to adjust. I grabbed the camera to take a shot of my Morgan Dollar pendant and when I went to download, I noticed there were 154 pics on the camera. I couldn't resist.... I couldn't believe what I was seeing in those pictures. I remember when I was her age how artistic I was, and Joe has great artistic abilities in himself as well.

We bought this house 10 years ago and Shadow came with us. She's remained a shadow in our home ever since we got her as a kitten a couple years before we bought the house. That pic definitely speak a thousand words... Miranda's other pics were just as good, but I chose to share this one as an example. Miranda is good... she just doesn't realize it. She knows she wants to pursue a college for art, she just doesn't know where yet.

EDIT: Miranda just told me she used that pic for her profile pic for her high school year book.
Awesome.... PERFECT!

CyberSage
01-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Very nice photograph Snowy! My wife and I are cat people. We both admired this shot. She has definitely got some creative ability going on.

Jack

RickO
01-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Great picture Snowy... have you noticed how the trees beyond the curtain look like a face looking in? Very talented photographer you are raising... RickO

Snowy
01-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't see a face in the trees.... I'll have to stare at it for a bit to see if I can see it, I guess...
Thanks! She's got a good eye, for sure.

Epi-hunter
01-03-2010, 02:50 PM
There is a face there, looking in. It's the face of a young girl. Kind of creepy....

It is really a beautiful photo. She is a talented young woman.

Snowy
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
OMG! I see the face now! WEIRD!

RickO
01-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi Snowy... right over the cat's head. RickO

Snowy
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Rick, I see the one between her and the cat.... the chin is at the top of the frost on the window......

coinnut
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Great shot!!! She has good creativity. That's important. As for a face, I don't see it yet, but I'll keep looking until I go blind lol

del
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
she definately has a talent and open mind for photography , Donna . thats a very cool picture . :yes:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-06-2010, 06:34 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice exposure, composition and light! Talent!