PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL HOME NEXT DOOR*LARGE CENT AGAIN

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2011, 07:50 PM
This home was built in the late 1700's. I have hunted this tiny yard before.other than a piece of colonial shoe buckle nothing really old has surfaced due to the fill and built up areas Mr.Ash had done over the years.
Well i saw the moving truck Friday and went over to talk to the 85 yr old man and his wife.house is up for sale and they are moving in with daughter.he said better give it another shot before the house sells(closing monday)
i had 2 hrs till dark and grabbed my machine.there was one area i didn't go in previously because i didn't want to trample through his ivy and pacasandra.now house is empty let me trample .seems like this is the only original grade slope left on the property & it paid off.had to cut through landscape fabric to get my targets but it paid off.the last yard pic is the area i dug all the targets
1-large cent
1-convex one piece button
a real silver key hole cover or jewelry box plate.
not a bad 2 hr hunt and glad i went back one last time

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
more pics

angellionel
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Man, Dave, I'm going to have to start hanging out with you to knock on people's doors. You can be the enforcer. lol Very nice short hunt! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Man, Dave, I'm going to have to start hanging out with you to knock on people's doors. You can be the enforcer. lol Very nice short hunt! thumbsup01

lol Angel,when i get up enough guts i knock.got a 50/50 chance is the way i look at it ;)

Civil War Nut
05-01-2011, 11:12 PM
That was a nice hunt Heavy . Like the old stone walls . No telling whats down the sides of them .

RobW
05-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Nice finds, that's a cool key hole cover thumbsup01

coinnut
05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Well, at least they gave you a last hunt :clapping: Congrats on finding what you did from it. Now it's gonna be someone elses place and you have to knock there again lol Nice copper

sniffy
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
yOU should carry boxes of cookies to... rofl nice score on the COPPER HEAVYMETALNUT!