PDA

View Full Version : Navy Davy digging accessory

leslie(nova scotia)
01-03-2010, 07:25 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....have you ever forgotten to take extra batteries with you on a dig? Has your digital camera run dry and you have no spares? Saw Navy Davy wearing this one on his belt which is a great idea.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/P5100008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/P5100007.jpg

Have carried extra batteries in my digging jacket and had them get very hot from contact with the other batteries in my pocket so now I tape them together so this will not happen........could suffer from instantaneous combustion youz......walking smoked macheral. Lord love a duck.

John M
01-03-2010, 07:59 AM
That is a good idea.Nice neat and looks to be compact enough so it doesn't get in the way.

del
01-03-2010, 10:45 AM
great idea Les , and in a compact little package too.

SpringTxDigger
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM
That is a good idea. It's better than having them in my pocket. I'll have to see if I can find one of those.

angellionel
01-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I like it. I have a bulky side pack I take when out in the woods, but it does get in the way. Something like the one you have would be a good replacement.

RickO
01-03-2010, 11:34 AM
A cartridge belt with elastic retainers works well also... (just checked it out). RickO

coinnut
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
If I carry one more thing, I'm gonna sink into the mud lol But that does look like a great little pack! thumbsup01

SpringTxDigger
01-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Does anyone wear a vest of any kind to carry their stuff with them hunting? Or what does everyone carry their stuff in? Just curious. :confused:

coinnut
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
I have to be real nice to my wife and this is what I get lol This is the second one she made for me. I wore out the first one :rolleyes: Next one will have rivets on each stress point. Would love to make and sell these, but after materials and labor, the cost is too high :angry: But I suggest everyone start buttering up the other half for one :grin: You can carry a lot of things in one of these, from extra batteries (mine and a buddies) to snacks, food, knife, GPS, phone, etc... lol They laugh at me, but when their coil mounting screw breaks, guess who has one? ;)

SpringTxDigger
01-04-2010, 11:59 PM
I have to be real nice to my wife and this is what I get lol This is the second one she made for me. I wore out the first one :rolleyes: Next one will have rivets on each stress point. Would love to make and sell these, but after materials and labor, the cost is too high :angry: But I suggest everyone start buttering up the other half for one :grin: You can carry a lot of things in one of these, from extra batteries (mine and a buddies) to snacks, food, knife, GPS, phone, etc... lol They laugh at me, but when their coil mounting screw breaks, guess who has one? ;)

Coinnut looks good. What labor? I thought you said your wife made it? rofl Just think if she made like a 100 of them the labor would come way down. You need to tell her you showed them on the forum and you have an order for a bunch. But seriously it looks good. May have to talk to my wife.

What about everyone else? What do you use?

Epi-hunter
01-05-2010, 05:18 AM
I use my pockets. And when Angel is detecting with me, I use his trash pouch rofl It drives him crazy rofl

Great idea Les... nice and compact! And no offense George, but I couldn't wear one of those... too big... nor could I ever make one to save my life lol

coinnut
01-05-2010, 12:36 PM
And no offense George, but I couldn't wear one of those... too big... nor could I ever make one to save my life lol

You should see it loaded. I look like a cheap Home Depot lol

angellionel
01-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I use my pockets. And when Angel is detecting with me, I use his trash pouch rofl It drives him crazy rofl

Yeah, and by the end of the day I'm leaning sideways. lol

Here is the one I usually use when I head out to the woods. It wraps around my waist, with the bulky side to the back. It really doesn't get in the way, and I don't even feel it, except when I'm carrying two bottles of Gatorade. lol I can carry plenty in there, and I always bring extra batteries, band-aids, mosquito and tick repellent, and snacks.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/myfinds/2007/FP_waist_pack_040607.jpg

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-06-2010, 03:13 PM

ya wore out the 1st one so bad it fell off ya rofl :tongue: i love that new one.beth could retire and become the next betsy ross working for forum members! thumbsup01