PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and a Tip of the Stetson!

M-Taliesin
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Howdy Folks!
Thank you for remembering me, and I surely do appreciate your concern for my condition.
As you know, I had surgery on my knee. Since then, I've returned to work.
You may also remember that I had that blood clot that caused me to be on blood thinners.
For awhile after surgery, I just wasn't terribly mobile, but I did some hunting and found some gold. But the knee just ain't what it should be, after being mended and all.

So, I go to work. By the time I am done for the day on the job, the knee is often quite painful. Blood thinners are still having a real impact on my ability to handle cool weather. For example, yesterday was cool and windy. The temperature was around 50, but I was chilled to the bone even with a sweat shirt. Before all this, that temperature would have seen me running around detecting with short sleeves. Now it drives me off the field early.

My hunts have been few and short. I found gold just a day or two ago, but I seem to have lost an edge somehow and Pipster is now finding it all. Formerly productive locations just ain't giving up much of anything... not even many coins. Makes me wonder if it is me... or whether folks are simply not being as careless as before now that gold and silver are getting pricey.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank the folks who asked after me for thinking of me. I surely do appreciate your thoughtfulness. A tip of the Stetson to you folks.

I must confess, however, that I just don't seem to have regained my normal grit and determination since supposedly being fixed up.

Along with what I have said so far, I have also spent some time working with my wife at the pistol range. She is a brand new shooter, and I am trying to help her develop pistol skills before enrolling her in a CCW class. Considering her job, I'd feel better if she was skilled and permitted to carry concealed. She works with inmates, and that could pose an issue in the future. I'd rather she be safe. Of course, I have a variety of new weapons that I am also working to master. My new Judge .45 lc/410, XDm .40 cal and my Ruger P94 are all getting broken in nicely and I'll soon be taking the CCW class along with the wife in order to secure our permits.

So, I am still among the living and thank you folks who asked after me. I have hunted some, but with very little to show for it. I am behind in posting, but I've done some detecting and got a silver and gold, but mostly my performance of late has been somewhat lackluster.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JTGOLD
05-03-2011, 01:06 PM
sorry to hear about your knee still giving you trouble.I miss seeing all that gold and silver finds you made,hope your knee gets better real soon and can get back out in the field and find all them goodies again. :yes: thumbsup01

coinnut
05-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey Mel, I don't think it's you... them kids just ain't losing the good stuff anymore. lol Give them time though, they can't hold out and not lose things for long rofl Hope the knee slowly gets better and as the weather warms up, you will too. Nice to hear from you though :clapping:

Dimeman
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Mel,

The kids who frequent the park areas there, know you aren't up to 100% yet, so they are waiting for you to get full strength and then they will start losing their gold jewelry for you to find. :omg: :omg: