PDA

View Full Version : Clad goal reached...Let's keep 'er going!

Viking
05-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi all,

I upgraded from the Ace 250 to the E-trac last fall in hopes of finding more old silver coins, and I'm happy to say that I've been doing just that! My main goal for 2011 is to find 20 silver coins, and currently I'm at 6 (all Rosie's so far) so I'm feeling like I'm making head way on that. After some encouraging clad days earlier this year, I figured that I'd make a clad goal too, and since I had never found more than $27 in a calendar year, I thought I'd set the bar really high at $50. Well, it's May 3rd and I'm at $54.63 on the year! I hit a new spot today that was incredible. In 2.5 hours, I found 71 coins for $8.76, with only 6 pennies in the bunch. My best clad day ever, topping my previous high from Sunday which was $6.94. :happydance01: I barely scratched the surface at this place.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some photos of the recent loot. I dug a nice 925 silver ring a couple hunts ago with a green stone in it, otherwise it's the usual odds and ends. Time to start working harder on that silver goal now! :interesting:

Thanks for looking! HH- Viking

dave in iowa
05-03-2011, 10:58 PM
nice hall and nice ring thumbsup01

aloldstuff
05-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Isn't it nice to set a goal and beat it. Keep going and keep diggin

RobW
05-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I too switch from a Garrett to the E-Trac. I had a Garrett one way or another for 20+ years, was very loyal, BUT I did switch and it was the best thing I ever did. Geoge told me I'd notice an increase in my clad....and boy have I. My finds have been BETTER and more consistant and just plain MORE.

coinnut
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a great place to hunt :happydance01: I'm glad you are doing well with ET. Sometimes learning a new machine can be a challenge to say the least lol Congrats on beating your clad estimates and I hope you break that silver goal soon. :clapping:

Geoge told me I'd notice an increase in my clad....and boy have I. My finds have been BETTER and more consistant and just plain MORE.

You telling me I actually did something right? :huh: 8/ lol

leslie(nova scotia)
05-04-2011, 03:39 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....good going on the quota (50 coins) and glad that you are one with your new machine sir! <;)

Viking
06-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Well, I eclipsed the $100 mark last night, which is pretty monumental for me (having only found like $40 lifetime before 2011). happydance02 As the sun went down, I still needed 31 cents to hit the century mark. I was swinging fast and taking big steps, all while the mosquitos were having their way with me. But alas, I perservered with two nickels and a beautiful Massachusetts state quarter to reach $100.04. Now it's time to buckle down on this 20 silvers goal (need 13 more). Some of you can find this in a weekend, but I feel like it's going to take a lot of effort for me to get there. :interesting:

Couldn't have done it without the tips and tricks I've learned from many of you. |:confused:) Not to mention the inspiration. How can you peruse the finds on this site and not want to go out and swing the coil?!?! Impossible! :white:usaflag::

RobW
06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
How can you peruse the finds on this site and not want to go out and swing the coil?!?! Impossible! :white:usaflag::

I couldn't agree more! :yes:

Congrats on hitting $100 in clad for the first time....here's to it not being your last :beerbuddy:

jkress
06-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Very nice bunch of loot viking. :clapping:
Congrats on an awesome year so far and best of luck hitting your silver coin goal. You are
well on your way. thumbsup01

zrickkid
06-16-2011, 08:14 PM
WTG! Keep on digging, you will get silver #20 in no time. :clapping: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:38 PM
fabulous finds

coinnut
06-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Nice that you hit and are gonna exceed your clad goal. :clapping: Getting the silver mark is gonna take some hunches that may or may not pay off. But trust your gut and hit some odd spots and see if you can find a picnic or car stop from the 50's / 60's. A drive in theater would be sweet too :yes: Or just some plain old house hunting.