PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Detector

Dick Stout
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Under Latest News (www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com)) I listed my criteria for the metal detector I want most now....

It has two modes/Disc/AllMetal, with grip mounted toggle SWITCH.
It has four KNOBS....Disc, GB, Sensitivity (depth) and Volume.
It has wireless headphones, extremely good depth and is extremely light weight.
The design should be what I call S shaped as in old Garrett Freedoms, Fisher 1200 and White's Liberty series.

Amazingly it's what used to be available back in the 80's. Know I am getting old, but I want ease of use, and something that I do not have to think overtime with.

JMO.

coinnut
05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I want a detector that sees into the ground and does not use RF as a means of detection. Some sort of radar would be OK though. It also has to identify the metal based on composition and not using a stored library of known targets. I also want it now lol That's all I need thumbsup01

Dick Stout
05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
You and everyone else, but I think it might be a ways down the road. I also think it would quickly make more grounds off limits, as well as take the fun out of things. Hate to say it but part of this pastime is not knowing what you are going to come home with.

Then again, what the hell do I know...

coinnut
05-04-2011, 09:14 PM
You and everyone else, but I think it might be a ways down the road. I also think it would quickly make more grounds off limits, as well as take the fun out of things. Hate to say it but part of this pastime is not knowing what you are going to come home with.

Then again, what the hell do I know...

lol And it would put detector companies out of business in 10 years :yes: But it would be fun just digging silver, gold and coppers rofl Just watching all them nails and pull tabs float by the screen :daydream: :daydream: :smitten:

del
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I want a detector that sees into the ground and does not use RF as a means of detection. Some sort of radar would be OK though. It also has to identify the metal based on composition and not using a stored library of known targets. I also want it now lol That's all I need thumbsup01

thats all you need lol lol your funny , you forgot it has to haul all your other extra gear and dig your holes too lol lol

coinnut
05-06-2011, 08:22 PM
you forgot it has to haul all your other extra gear and dig your holes too lol lol

Oh yeah :confused: It has to do all that too. :clapping:

BOWSER
05-21-2011, 08:34 PM
unfortunately you didn't mention what frequency you preffered :confused: