PDA

View Full Version : musta been a fluke

RaZR
05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Finding the four silver coins i found at the fairgrounds must have been coincidence. Caused by the ground heaving over the winter or some other reason. I can't believe that i just ran my coil over the only silver that was left there the first week out.

Anyhow, i have finished detecting a good 2/3 of the area and found only clad. Well, not only clad but i'm not going to show the clad. Instead i'll show the other things i found.
I actually have about 14 golf balls i found. The locket was about 8-9 inches down and the hinge broke when i opened it. Nothing inside! Stones aren't diamonds and i don't think it's gold.
The thing next to the copper tubing is a round hunk of lead. I also gotta start looking for the car that goes with the keys! lol

coinnut
05-04-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know why it happens, but it does :dontknow: You get some great targets and them nothing :confused: We hit a cellar hole one time and I just started detecting and got an 1814 Large Cent within 5 swings. We thought, this has got to be a good day. Not another copper for the rest of the day, and only a couple of buttons. :thinkingabout: It was like I set the coil on the only spot that would give up a target. You got some great hits there and for some reason they were missed. But I have found that the direction you travel in has a lot to do with getting good hits. Try going another direction over the same area you just did and slow it down just a tad. I would be interested in seeing what you find, if anything. Just changing the direction and slowing down has given me a few more good targets.

JTGOLD
05-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I think everybody has thoes kind of hunts I know I do,better luck next time.

Epi-hunter
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
The locket is old. I would not give up on that site.

You found four silver coins there before... overwhelming odds are that you didn't find the only silver there. It's much more likely that there is still more there for you to find. Slow down, grid, etc.

aloldstuff
05-05-2011, 07:20 AM
There is more silver and hopefully that car is not buried to deep

RobW
05-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I've had it go the other way. I've been detecting the heck out of this small park for the past 2 years...nothing but clad and wheats. Then last week....3 silver dimes in 2 hrs...in an area I know I've hit before. But I'm also now using a better machine. :yes: