PDA

View Full Version : AT Pro Traded for Today

Jaybird
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I traded my wife's Fisher F2 and some cash for a AT Pro today :dontknow:. After reading about the Pro and watching lots of comparison videos on You Tube about depth, Gold finding capabilities, and Mineral rejection for the past month I let her :smitten: decide on the Pro. The F2 was actually won by her in Apache Junction , AZ with her Delta 4000 Teknetics. I hate to tell you I didn't fair as well with my E-trac but I continue to get the deep silver even when I set the MXT for deep hunting for her. Anyway, I'll be watching the Garretts forum here and report anything I encounter different than what I've read so far. Many of you are having good luck with the Pro and I hope the deal works out. Keep pn posting those finds. I like them all :yes: thumbsup01 8)

coinnut
05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
I've heard some good things about the AT Pro if the coil is stable. If it runs smooth, you should have a nice, deep machine. I love the iron rejection control on it. Keep us posted on it for sure thumbsup01

Spike
05-05-2011, 10:14 PM
All I can say is you will love it for the money its simple,deep and sinitive :omg: you will need a good pinpointer to find very small targets.When huntting on the beach a earing back will stop you in your tracks thumbsup01 The only downfall is the disccrimination is in 5 numbers at a time for as good as it IDs things you could save digging some junk :dontknow: I have a E-trac and DFX and unless Im huntting where I dont want to dig alot of holes(You can dis. better with the E-trac) I been grabing the At pro set to pro zero it dose not trail the E-trac much on depth on silver and on a gold rings and small gold the At pro is WAY better than both the others Im no expert with mine yet but if I can help PM me good luck thumbsup01

Jaybird
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Coinnut and Spike. I value your opinions. The jewelry is what I'm after, Spike. I hunt alot of parks and usually get way more pulltabs and can slaw and Beaver tail tabs than I do coins when I try to go for Gold with my E-trac. I haven't had much luck hunting gold but that rascal really goes deep for silver. I recently went on a week long jaunt into western Nebraska and picked up 6 Mercurys that were very deep (6-8+ inches). I didn't post them as I am having troubles geting good pics with my digital camera and the proscess of transfering them to the web but I'll keep trying and let you know. thumbsup01 THANKS ;)
Jay

Spike
05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Well as for digging pull tabs and can slaw they will still give you fits :hairpulling: :hairpulling: what I meant about the At pro being better on gold is that its more senitive on gold and deep which means you will be digging deeper pull tabs and smaller foil >:/ lol lol lol but if gold is there it will find it though thumbsup01

Jaybird
05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
The AT Pro got here today. Had time to put it together and test it a little. Seems to work just fine. I don't know if it has the falsing problem or not yet. Is there an easy way to tell? :dontknow: Also how close are the Headphone adaptors to coming out?? Just wondering. :thinkingabout:. It sure is different than the old Ace 250 that I got for the wife 3 years ago. Better pinpointing by far. Thanks again for the help.
Jay

Dimeman
05-29-2011, 09:04 PM
The AT Pro IS sensitive and sometimes will false if the SENS is set too high for the ground. Make sure you ground balance good over a clean spot using NO discrimination-as the AT Pro goes deep.