PDA

View Full Version : One of my other hobbies...

Bulldog
05-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Thought I'd post a few pics of a small section of one of my gold claims. Spent about 6 weekends last year learning how to dredge. Started to dredge up behind the huge boulder and started to get into some bigger pickers to go with the course flakes. Also a pic of my first &quot:beerbuddy:rag box with the gold I've found so far. Not a whole lot yet but this year I'll have a regulator so I'll be able to actually get down to the bedrock where most of the gold is. This summer I'll open up the entire area behind the huge boulder and should pull out some nice gold! Can't wait! Dredging season opens up August 1st, so hopefully I'll have some good pics to share with y'all. Will be taking the X-Terra 70's up this year too to look for nuggets in the exposed bedrock. Gonna be fun!

HH,
Bulldog

JTGOLD
05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
very nice pic's and very nice bunch of gold you found,gg.

RobW
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I always thought that'd be fun. My wife already thinks I'm nuts, she'd probably kill me lol

coinnut
05-06-2011, 08:20 PM
That's a nice amount of gold already :loveit: :loveit: Great looking rig too. :clapping: Can't wait to see what you get come August. I just hope it will fit in one picture lol

tanacat
05-08-2011, 08:47 PM
:shocked04:stretcher: Wow that's a nice set-up you have there! And a good amt of gold already. I'm green with envy :envious:

Good luck this summer/fall!!! I'll be looking for your posts.

Bulldog
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks all. I'll definitely keep y'all advised. I'm really looking forward to doing some detecting there too along with the dredging. thumbsup01 Hopefully my X-terra 70's won't go too crazy - lots of hot rocks, (magnetite, hematite) and tons of black sand. Planning a couple of trips to the beach this July to hopefully find some treasures there too. Will be the first time on the beach with the new X-terras. Gonna be fun! :happydance01:

HH,
Bulldog