PDA

View Full Version : Big 5 Brit silver

leslie(nova scotia)
05-06-2011, 11:42 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....rain! What rain. That is liquid sunshine I said to myself since no one was around as I awaited the arrival of Navy Davy, who as always was early!

No hotel, motel nor Holiday Inn.......just a coffee and we were at the Dingle. Of course my beloved Garrett Freedom 3 Plus was chattering as loud as a group of ladies at a basement sale. How loud ...like a bunch of seagulls following a trawler that is filleting fish and throwing the guts overboard! Yes that loud. Felt like wrapping my machine around the trunk of the closest pine. Too boot I was foul as my injured shoulder was as painfull as sliding down a 50 foor razor blade and falling into a pool of iodine. I know ...whine...whine! I can see this is going to be a great ball season.

Anyway ND was hitting coins left and right while this banschee was cursing so bad that 50 Hail Mary's would have to be said at mass. Hit a 1934 big 5 and then the Brit George 3 shilling that was as thin as the hair on top of dis bouys head. Silver is silver. I quit.....just then the rain really started coming down as bad as the water coming into one of those old Brit subs our navy brought .

Shoulder was screwed but found the cure!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P5050031-1.jpg
Not sure of ND's count but he was well on the way to quota and big kudos fur putting up with me whining and complaining.

My meager take with a machine that was acting up as bad as I.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P5050029.jpg

Great news though.............HAVE A NEW TO ME FREEDOM 3 PLUS COMING IN THE MAIL..........THANK YOU SAINT DIGALOT....THE PATRON SAINT OF METAL DETECTORIST! <;)

aloldstuff
05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
sounds like a good hunt, to bad the rain accompanied you. sunshine is coming....

JTGOLD
05-06-2011, 01:09 PM
good hunt.

RobW
05-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice score on the 3 Shilling. I must admit I'm not familiar, but it looks old. What do you think the age is?

coinnut
05-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Nice thin silver and congrats on that early 5 cent piece too. Hope you get your Freedom soon :clapping:

jkress
05-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Very nice day out there Leslie. :peace:
Love that Shilling and '34 5¢. :smitten:
Congrats on a nice hunt and best of luck on the next.