PDA

View Full Version : New Garrett Pro Pointer

cnr_dogs
05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Got my new Garrett Pro Pointer today very nice tool good build quality air tests great. Double the performance of my Whites BE II and nearly on par with the sunray DX-1 and dont have to worry about not turning the garrett back to the detector coil....done that a few times and dont find many targets LoL!!! Thanks to Robert at Deep Coin Detectors in Texas for the great price fast shipping and super service. Chris

v3ikid
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
That will be the next pinpointer i get. Seems like a very nice one especially for the price. I've Had 2 Vibra-Probes which i thought were over priced. They work ok but the first one lasted a year and the second about 3 months. The BEII works ok at first but seem to wear out pretty quickly. I always thought i liked the fact that the BEII had to be right on top of the target because i knew were it was at. I think i like the idea of the Propointer letting you know just how close you are to the target up to 3 or so. I think it would help some with not damaging coins.

Bedrock
05-25-2011, 01:26 PM
For a hand-held pinpointer, the Garrett Pro Pointer is hard to beat. It's very sturdy, the battery lasts a long time, it's sensitive, and it is loud enough to hear when wearing earphones. In my opinion, it is far better than the White's Bullseye II. I have used the White's, and for me, there is no comparison. But...my detectors have always been White's, and always will be.

aloldstuff
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
When I bought my V3i a Bullseye II came with the package. I currently use a vibra probe and I think it works well. especially when a new battery is put in. I haven't used the Bullseye yet, might not ever. Been thinking of selling it and getting one of those Garrett Pro Pointers. I have heard nothing but good about them. My hunting partner uses one and I can hear it(with my headphones on) quite a distance away. Have they done any upgrades to the Pro Pointer? I mean is there an earlier model that I might not want?

Jaybird
06-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I just sent my Propointer in for service. I've had a Vibraprobe, a Merlin, Bullseye II, Harbor Freight pointer, DX-1 with my Whites DFX and probably a couple more that I've forgotten in the 35+ years I've been in this very interesting hobby we share but I won't be without my Garrett Propointer. I guess I'll have to try the Pistol Probe sometime but for now I'll use the Technetics that the wife has or her Propointer if I can sneak out with it. :behave: Just until my Garrett's getsback. They said it had a 3-year guarantee on it when I called Garrett. Good Luck with your Propointer, Chris.

fsa46
06-11-2011, 05:34 AM
I wouldn't be without my ProPointer, it's great. I'm hard of hearing and the vibration is all I need , especially when wearing my headphones.

randy
06-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Its even better when you learn the nickel trick. Turn it on, slide a nickel (or any coin, really) up the side opposite the switch 'til it starts to beep, then slide the nickel back to opposite the switch so it stops beeping, and hold it there. You get even more range. This technique really works once you get the hang of it, and I've been using it alot in the dry dirt to save some time on really deep targets.

There is a link to a video on this site on how to do this, but hopefully the above is enough instruction. You can test this with air tests.

RobW
06-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Its even better when you learn the nickel trick. Turn it on, slide a nickel (or any coin, really) up the side opposite the switch 'til it starts to beep, then slide the nickel back to opposite the switch so it stops beeping, and hold it there. You get even more range. This technique really works once you get the hang of it, and I've been using it alot in the dry dirt to save some time on really deep targets.

There is a link to a video on this site on how to do this, but hopefully the above is enough instruction. You can test this with air tests.

It's true, it works! I do it myself at times. Been thinking of gluing a coin in place, it's a pain to rummage through my finds to get one out, then place it somewhere I'll find it again when I get my shovel, then look for it again when I go back to the pointer :thinkingabout:

MartinL
06-22-2011, 03:17 PM
It's true, it works! I do it myself at times. Been thinking of gluing a coin in place, it's a pain to rummage through my finds to get one out, then place it somewhere I'll find it again when I get my shovel, then look for it again when I go back to the pointer :thinkingabout:

I read a post somewhere om-line where a THr cut a section of bicycle inner tube, slipped it over the butt of the ProPointer with the coin pressed underneath, and all he had to do was position it close to the threshold area, then use the elasticity of the rubber to find the chatter and then release to hold the coin at near threshold. Sounded pretty simple. martin

tanacat
07-18-2011, 03:22 PM

I will try this thumbsup01 I've been having issues w/mine lately. I thought battery was going low, but nope. I'm confused what is happening and why how the nickel/coin trick works?

For a hand-held pinpointer, the Garrett Pro Pointer is hard to beat. It's very sturdy, the battery lasts a long time, it's sensitive, and it is loud enough to hear when wearing earphones. In my opinion, it is far better than the White's Bullseye II. I have used the White's, and for me, there is no comparison. But...my detectors have always been White's, and always will be.

Amen :)

CODY
10-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Love my Garrett PP.