PDA

View Full Version : Friday/Saturday hunts

aloldstuff
05-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Friday I get a PM from Rob that they are finally going to tear up the last portion of the town green. We arrive at about the same time and shortly after Tim(massdirtfisher) arrives. I finally managed my first LC of the year, an 1819.

I met Rob at 6:30 at his house sat morn and he was a cookin eggs and toast, great surprise thanks Rob. We hit a couple of spots, Rob gets an IH and two ticks and Im's skunked(for now). We then head over to my god son's house and his mother gets us permision to hunt the house across the street. I managed the 37 merc and some clad.

We the head out to the other side of town where permision was denied at an old farm(really wanted that one) so we head up to a farm that I have been detecting for years. One of the farmers mentioned that the new town hall was getting some work done on the front lawn so thats where we headed(rob had gotten silver there before) Clad, Clad, Clad and the neckerchief slide so we went back to the farm. I managed a flat button, no coins.

To all the Mothers in forum land Happy MOther's Day

Thanks for reading

coinnut
05-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Congrats on your first Large cent. :clapping: All of them places sound like good hunting grounds. Nice looking Merc too. Pass on my congrats to Rob on finding them two ticks lol Or did they find him? :thinkingabout: Eggs sound good to me too. Have Rob cook us up some more for this Saturday :clapping:

wingmaster
05-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Great finds congrats.

mike l
05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
A little breakfast and an all day hunt with friends, sounds like a great day to me. Congrats on the silver and LC.

angellionel
05-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Congrats on that old large cent. :clapping: Nice merc too. thumbsup01

jkress
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Great stuff aloldstuff! :clapping:
Silver and a your first LC! <: She's an oldie too.
Congrats on a great couple of hunts.

Tony Two-Cent
05-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Congrats on the large cent, a nice old one too! It's always a thrill to see big copper come out of the ground. I must have found a million of those neckerchief slides. (And lost my share of them too when I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.)

RobW
05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
It's about time one of my spots pays off for you lol
Lucky none of those blood suckers latched on. Lime disease has a very high rate in this area of the country :yes:

cnr_dogs
05-09-2011, 08:50 AM
good hunt nice silver and large cent WTG

randy
05-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Congrats on the merc and LC. That merc looks to be in very nice shape.

MassDirtFisher
05-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Congrats on a good hunt!! Happy Hunting!! See you around Im sure. happydance02