PDA

View Full Version : which one

BOWSER
05-07-2011, 08:38 PM
i have found 2 rings in one week, 1 was found with an idx-pro with a blue max coil, the other detector is an mxt with a 4x6 coil, help me to decide which detector to take on my next search for another ring. I am havin trouble deciding. :dontknow:

v3ikid
05-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Take em both and split the time you have between the two. :yes:

coinnut
05-07-2011, 08:57 PM
If I were doing trashy spots only, I would take the MXT for it's 4x6 coil and great ability to cancel out mineralised soils. If I were hunting wide open spaces, I would put a bigger coil on the MXT lol J/K Whichever detector has the biggest coil. The question is: which machine are you more comfortable with?? :thinkingabout:

BOWSER
05-07-2011, 09:25 PM
to tell you the truth i don't know what either one of them is tellin me,the mxt does go deeper tho. :confused:

v3ikid
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Take the MXT, I do know it is a really good all around detector and the frequency is just right for the gold. :clapping: I like mine, but now that i think about it i only found one gold ring in 5 years with it. :thinkingabout: Think i probably should have dug more of them wonderful pulltabs. lol >:{ :hairpulling: :white:usaflag::

Kimster
05-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Take them both, hold one in either hand, and talk to the gold: Say hello to my little friends. :cheesysmile:

russellt
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Take em both and split the time you have between the two. :yes:

my thoughts exactly

fastfwd
05-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Take the MXT, I do know it is a really good all around detector and the frequency is just right for the gold. :clapping: I like mine, but now that i think about it i only found one gold ring in 5 years with it. :thinkingabout: Think i probably should have dug more of them wonderful pulltabs. lol >:{ :hairpulling: :white:usaflag::

That MXT will hit on gold rings in the foil range. i have found dozens of gold rings and they were all in the +10 to +12 range and a solid hit they didnt jump off the VDI. Yes you have to dig foil to get Gold :)

wagon wheel
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey BOWSER, why don't you go ahead and just send me your MXT and then your problem would be no longer:huh: It may also take care of some of mine as well!!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

w.w.

Vito
05-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Jim. If you cann't decide, it's time for a new toy I think. :grin:

(Still have the CZ in mind?) :rolleyes: :yes: thumbsup01

Reach out....reach out for the....

BOWSER
05-15-2011, 02:37 PM
well this may be lengthy,but i have had the mxt out quite a bit with three different coils,the noise doesn't bother me however i am not having fun with it yet.I am spending too much time digging trash and foil, i feel more comfortable with the idx pro witch is a far better iron rejector and a considerably better and more accurate coin shooter.It may be the soil here in ma. or my imagination, i still maintain that the response time is quicker on the idx and 6.59 is a better operating freq. I am still learning,one last thing i have never had a quarter signal that turned out to be a bottlecap with the idx. jmhop jim