PDA

View Full Version : Lesche Handle Mod

cnr_dogs
05-08-2011, 02:19 PM
I tore the (orange/red) schwinn bicycle grip that came on my lesche digger so was at the wally world and looked in the bike section and got these grips.went ahead and cut the grip off my 2nd digger also to utilize the pair, it was a tight fit but installed with some dish soap for friction reduction layed the hand guard against a concrete step and had son step on blade, used a towel to hold and twist grip into place. love the comfort better grip and different look. Chris

coinnut
05-08-2011, 03:22 PM
You did a great job on them. They look great. I'm guessing they are more comfortable too. Now all I need is a son to hold it down for me to do. lol My girls would just look at me like this :rolleyes: if I asked them to help rofl

pulltabsteve
05-08-2011, 04:08 PM
They look good Chris. Nice job thumbsup01 I've left mine in the woods before and the bright grip is the only thing that helped me find them again :embarrassed:I'll stick with the red :grin:

Spiderwort
05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
They look good Chris. Nice job thumbsup01 I've left mine in the woods before and the bright grip is the only thing that helped me find them again :embarrassed:I'll stick with the red :grin:

I agree Steve. The bright colors would help me locate the tools set aside during recovery operations. Or at least help the next person that comes by see it easiler after I've given up the hunt.

marinedad
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
nice modification.

Bell-Two
05-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I tore the (orange/red) schwinn bicycle grip that came on my lesche digger so was at the wally world and looked in the bike section and got these grips.went ahead and cut the grip off my 2nd digger also to utilize the pair, it was a tight fit but installed with some dish soap for friction reduction layed the hand guard against a concrete step and had son step on blade, used a towel to hold and twist grip into place. love the comfort better grip and different look. Chris

I managed a bicycle shop for over 35 years and I will let you in on the secret of getting on grips, take a can of the cheapest hairspray you can find and spray inside the grip and twist it on. The hairspray facilitates the grip going on and when it dries it makes the grip hold very solid. The grip that come on the Lesche is made by Hunt Wilde and is a standard old style cruiser bike grip. If you want something very comfortable you can get grips that have gel inside them makes for a comfy grip but does not last quite as long.

mike l
05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Looks great, I too had to relocate my Lesche in the woods and after about 45 minutes spotted the red handle.

aloldstuff
05-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Great idea, I like the bright colored grip but if I do need to change it over this post just made it easy. Thanks

swingbot
01-16-2012, 08:14 PM
[attachimg=3]The only thing I don't like about the lesche is the short handle so, I made one longer with aluminum stock. Now I can use two hands on it. |:cheering:

Dig EM
04-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Got a guy that I hunt with on ocaision and he welded an old lesche to the back of a small pick. Looks weird but he loves it?

swingbot
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah after the I made I made a tee handle lesche. I also make hand crafted leather sheaths. And I put serration on the author side the the blade.

CODY
04-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Speaking of the red handle. I have two of these tools. First one came with a red handle. Second I got about 4 months later came with a black handle. Very easy to loose it.

swingbot
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey CODY,, I think that the old stock are the red handles and lesche switched to black.

Celluforce
07-23-2012, 12:24 AM
... I also make hand crafted leather sheaths...

Hey hey... Swingbot! :)
I real like your leather sheats thumbsup01

I recently bought a pinpointer on eBay... When I received it, I may be a copycat... Really like your sheats and the idea to have a place for the pin pointer.

Daniel <;)

swingbot
08-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks bud,,, I also sale leather sheaths for the lesche.

ODA 226
12-27-2013, 04:42 PM
yeah after the i made i made a tee handle lesche. I also make hand crafted leather sheaths. And i put serration on the author side the the blade.

i love that setup and that sheath! Great idea!

DugMoney
01-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Nice ideas guys...love the sheath and the propointer

jbolf6
02-01-2014, 06:01 PM
That is a great idea! Nice job