PDA

View Full Version : a few modern silvers today

randy
05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Got out to one of the sites in my rotation for an afternoon hunt -- I've done well at this site, but it has been getting thin in the good areas, so my plan was to try gridding a few of the less promising areas. The first was a dud and after 90 minutes of nothing >:{ I moved on to another section.

This section coughed up a pair of rosies happydance02, one barely legal. Both were very difficult targets, the '64 was deep and with iron and very hard to hear, the '52 was deep and on its side, a little easier, but also iffy.

I'm kinda wondering, as I've gotten a lot better with the E-Trac over the past year, if I have to go back to all the areas I thought I carefully gridded and see how much I missed :confused:

Then I scored the '64 Q as I was swinging on the way back to the car :happydance01:. Total blind luck, but we'll take it, and it was not a difficult target at all. I always figured the areas close to the parking were the hardest hit, but WDIK :crazy:thinkingabout: Sometimes just one spot on the ground manages to avoid all the other coils over the years.

To all the moms out there, happy Mother's Day! :smitten: Thanks for looking and HH.

aloldstuff
05-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Nice silvers, I recently upgraded to a v3i and I will be hitting all of my old spots again and again

angellionel
05-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Three more for the pile. :happydance01: Yeah, it would likely pay to hit some of the previously hit sites and grid from another direction. :thinkingabout: I bet you will recover a few more goodies. :peace:

Epi-hunter
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Really nice silver randy!!

Yes, hit the old spots again. There is more there!! :yes:

coinnut
05-08-2011, 09:36 PM
3 more silvers never hurt anybody lol Glad you helped them out. ;) You still around here or back in PA?? You do pretty well in the silver department. :clapping:

JTGOLD
05-08-2011, 10:23 PM
a very nice silver day,wtg.