PDA

View Full Version : *BUTTON UPDATE*CHURCH GREEN & OLD HOME NEAR IT HUNT* INTERESTING FINDS

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
First i stopped at a old federal style house that i have permission to detect.the steel back button,victorian buckle and early toy truck (no markings) came from there.
then headed back up to the church green in the hopes of another seated but,struck out today in that dept.
But a few neat items surfaced.one being the what i think is real gold faced button thing with train etching & a ruby set into it.the back is shot but the face is nice.the picture really doesn't do it any justice of how detailed the etching is .
1-v-nickel,2 Ih's one being a semi key date 1871 what a shame coulda been a $100 maybe more IH.
a couple whatsit's? one being a hollow cast oval egg shaped brass thing with a hole in one end.the other thing is some white metal spinner toy type thingy(pewter maybe) :confused: if ya blow through it it makes a whizzing sound.i think it's a broken toy
anyways hope you all had a great sunday!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-08-2011, 08:24 PM
last pics

Epi-hunter
05-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Wow!!! Great finds. I love the truck! I also really like the train button, but especially love the button with the scenery on it. Really nice!!! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-08-2011, 09:22 PM
thanks! if this turns out to be real gold i may have a pendent made out of it :confused: or should i keep it as is :dontknow:

coinnut
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Great stuff Dave. Some really unique finds this time around. Next time bring lunch so you don't have to take a bite out of a semi key date Indian :eyebrow: lol I don't know what to say about the buttons, they are different. Great hunt even without Seated :yes:

thanks! if this turns out to be real gold i may have a pendent made out of it :confused: or should i keep it as is :dontknow:

If you make a pendant out of it, just put it in some kind of prong mount or bezel and it will be as original as possible. Hope it's gold :)

JTGOLD
05-08-2011, 10:31 PM
very good hunt some nice keepers and I like that little toy truck.

del
05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
very nice hunt Dave , i like the locomotive designed item ( my guess is on it would be cufflink ) from the back and size . its a cool piece and the ornate victorian buckle is a good one too. very nice detecting outing , congrats. with some family duties completed i'll be free to get some detecting time in ( its been about a month now ) so plan on me contacting you about getting together for a hunt soon .

Dan

aloldstuff
05-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Great hunt, really like that old truck, to bad no markings. Lots of nice finds

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-09-2011, 07:19 AM
very nice hunt Dave , i like the locomotive designed item ( my guess is on it would be cufflink ) from the back and size . its a cool piece and the ornate victorian buckle is a good one too. very nice detecting outing , congrats. with some family duties completed i'll be free to get some detecting time in ( its been about a month now ) so plan on me contacting you about getting together for a hunt soon .

Dan

thanks Dan.very much lookin forward to the outing !

cnr_dogs
05-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Wow great hunt and nice pics thanks for bringing us along

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-09-2011, 03:24 PM
10 & 14KT acid didn't change the streak on stone.but when i put 18Kt acid on it,it vanished line.
so it's 14KT?

dave in iowa
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
great finds that railroad button is great .

coinnut
05-09-2011, 10:20 PM
10 & 14KT acid didn't change the streak on stone.but when i put 18Kt acid on it,it vanished line.
so it's 14KT?

That means it's plated, junk metal ....just send it to me and avoid further embarrassment lol

I've never use an acid kit, but I would think that it would mean it was above 14K and up to 18K :thinkingabout: