PDA

View Full Version : F5 is filling up my clad bucket

Dimeman
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Taking the F5 out to city parks grass areas and totlots and getting loads of clad coins.
Saturday I dug;
23 Q, 33 D, 8 N and 11 P and a IH and Merc.......$9.56 in clad. thumbsup01

This morning went to a park that I haven't been to and while swinging the coil over the grass, I kept getting signals and picking coins right off the top of the grass or just under the grass layer.
Got 24 Q, 32 D, 12 N and 15 P for a total of $9.95 in clad. thumbsup01

Also dug a Cub Scout slide, 3 wheats and a silver half. The half showed to be 5 inches deep, and it was right there at 5 inches deep.
What a fun morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: BUT---we need some rain... the ground is soooo dry it is cracking and is hard to dig. Good thing I have my Lesche digger. My garden trowel can't break into the dirt. :-\

coinnut
05-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey Robbie, You can send them pesky clads right over to me lol I can always use them ;) That is great that you are getting the clad layer out. Now just think of what you may have exposed beneath them. I would go over them areas again really slow :thinkingabout:

Tony Two-Cent
05-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow! That's a lot of coins! Congrats on the Walking Liberty half! Beautiful coin!

Dimeman
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Been taking the F5 out and getting more clad. The way I'm going I will break last years (2010) clad total of $443 in less than 6 months time. :omg: :omg:

:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:Strange thing is----------- I'm hunting my usual locations,that I have searched many times in the last 5 years, and digging more coins and other items, than I had been, while using that other brand I had been stuck on........ and I'm still learning these 2 new detectors.......... :huh:

coinnut
05-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Any plans for all that clad Robbie?? Like a giant gold coin or something lol Everytime technology gains a notch, we find more items at the same locations. It's odd for sure, since some of them are not very deep. But I for one, am happy about it :clapping:

Dimeman
05-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Still digging up lots of clad...... this morning at a school park I dug 40 Q, 21 D, 6 N and 24 P for a total of $12.64.
I like the F5---it's light--quick on recovery time and ID's coins right on the money ( pun-- intended !!) :grin: :grin:

It's killer on quarters and dimes !!!!!!!!!! Finds them in locations I have been hunting for 5 years------ at 4-6 inches deep. Anyone in Texas knows how dry and hard the ground can get----coins don't sink fast. :(

Only need to dig $38 more in clad to tie last years clad total ( $443 )-----------and there are still 7 months and 1 week to go. :grin: :grin:

I'm glad I am out of the cult >:tongue:

...........I'm finding more clad and more keepers, now. :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

RounderRick
05-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice finds there Robbie looks like that F5 is doing you right.

coinnut
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
You are killing last year's totals Robbie :clapping: :clapping: Are you getting out more, or are the kids just getting clumsier with their money? lol

Dimeman
05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
You are killing last year's totals Robbie :clapping: :clapping: Are you getting out more, or are the kids just getting clumsier with their money? lol

I actually have gotten out a dozen times LESS than last year at this time. I have been digging more quarters and dimes and less Zincs due to the new detectors IDing them more correctly and finding the coins in trash filled areas much better. I've even dug more older coins since getting the 2 new detectors early this year, compared with last years finds.
Kids are just throwing their lunch money away :cheesysmile:................and I'm glad I'm able to retrieve it. :happydance01:

coinnut
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Kids are just throwing their lunch money away :cheesysmile:................and I'm glad I'm able to retrieve it. :happydance01:

You are doing a good service to the community by not letting them coins spoil under ground :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: I hope them kids continue to cooperate lol :clapping: