PDA

View Full Version : Odd and End hunt

RobW
05-10-2011, 12:04 PM
It was a beutiful day on Monday, my schedule got cleared of meeting with clients...instead of sitting in the office doing paperwork, thought I'd skip out and go island hopping (medians in the road), this has paid off in the past. Well after a few hours and a lot of clad, and one religious medal, it really didn't. I hit a small park I wanted to check out, got a nice hit, found this ring, when I pulled it out :shocked04: big gold class ring!......but no, plated....Professional Truck Driver is what it says around the simulated stone...... lol

Al called he got off work and wanted to meet up, but I had to drive back 3 towns though traffic and go back to my office to pick up my spare battery that was charging. Finally got to him. We hit an area that had been an old house, neither of us were having any luck, I headed off into the field away from where the house had been, then a tree was callin my name....so I wandered over to it. I dug an old lock first, then I did a little dance :happydance01: happydance02...1942 Silver Quarter. I started gridding the area, I found a Bakelite bracelet, the core is metal, hit like silver :confused:, about 1ft down. Then I got a Junior Sherrif bade..even still has the pin on the back. I got a plate off an old Columbia Bycycle, which is really cool, b/c we were only about 1 block from where the bike was originally made.Then I got a deep hit. I dug down and down. At about 1 1/2 feet I finally found it, but only a corner....I couldn't find the other edges so I knew it was big, I could see something on it si I knew I wanted to get it out, but at that depth, it was going to take me awhile with my small shovel....so I put down my detector and walked back to the car, past Al who gives me this strange look :shocked01:...don't even ask...I got a sign or a license plate I say..I get my big shovel out of the trunk. Dig down and there is half of a MA license plate, definatly older, but not being originally from the area, don't know what era, thinking 50's. So lots of odd and ends.....forgot to take pic of the coinage

aloldstuff
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Nice quarter Rob, really like that badge to. In the order of things so far, the next silver will be mine....

RobW
05-10-2011, 02:25 PM
the next silver will be mine....

Maybe I want to be ahead for once...... :poke:....... lol

angellionel
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
That is a nice assortment of finds Rob, and the badge is very neat. Congrats on the silver quarter. :clapping: And you sure went to work on that plate. lol It's good to have a small shovel handy. You never know when it will be needed. :yes:

Epi-hunter
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Congrats on the finds Rob, love the badge! And the silver quarter :cheering: That is an interesting bracelet :confused:

RobW
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Wish I coulda found the other half of the plate :-\

MassDirtFisher
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Congrats on a good hunt!! Nice Digging!! Silver is always a welcome sight. Happy Hunting!!

pulltabsteve
05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice digs Rob! Congrats on the Q :happydance01:

zrickkid
05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Cool stuff none the less. Nice hunt. :yes:

coinnut
05-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Hey, I don't think that is a Bakelite bracelet, I think it's a really nice Cinnabar bracelet :clapping: In really great shape :shocked04: :clapping: Congrats on the quarter and thanks for digging that license plate so I don't have too lol Detecting is better than paper work any time ;)