PDA

View Full Version : 5 silvers yesterday and one more today

randy
05-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Was fortunate enough to get out yesterday for three hours, and scored 5 silvers :happydance01:. Had only one after the first two hours >:crying02: and was feeling sick :barf:, so I felt like bagging it, but then a bit later hit a war nickel (which I count lol) which boosted my morale, so I kept at it.

Glad I did, as soon after I hit a hole with 3 mercs <:. It sounded pretty funky, and didn't pinpoint well at all, but it sounded like silver. Pulled 'em one at a time, and the third one rang only at 12-41 on the E-Trac :crazy:. Almost bagged it 'cause I was feeling really crappy and didn't need another wheat, but glad I dug it. It was in with some trash that rang 12-28, which I guess brought the number lower. I'm not sure why I couldn't get better separation on these 4 targets, but we'll take it. After that hole, I called it a day.

Felt better today, and got out for another 3 hours today and got a lone rosie. Thanks for looking and HH.

top pop top
05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Great hunts Randy thumbsup01 thumbsup01. I hope you feel better. war nickles do count even if they are only 35% silver lol lol

MassDirtFisher
05-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Congrats on 5 more silvers!! Happy Hunting!!

milco
05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
WTG! silver like that is nice any time!

mike l
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice silver finds :yes:

angellionel
05-10-2011, 08:45 PM
That was a very sweet hit Randy. :clapping: It had to be a nice feeling digging up three mercs from one hole. :peace:

jkress
05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Wow... very nice job Randy! :clapping:

That was one heck of a silver hole for you. The multiple coin holes do sound funky when the coins are spread out just a little.
I've learned to really investigate these types of signals when I come across them. If I can work it and get just one pinpointed accurately... <: I know there is more. Recently I found one of these multi signals at a local park. Ended up with 3 wheats and an IH. All were in about a 7 inch diameter.

You are really doing well this year with your silver count... already at 93. :shocked04: Congrats.

By the way, I count the War Nickels too. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Awesome randy!!! :happydance01: You are doing fantastic. I can't say I have found any silver coin spills to speak of so I don't know how they sound :cheesysmile: but I would imagine that if they overlap at all, and if there is any kind of trash around it, that you may have some funky signals. Still definitely worth digging as you proved! :perfect10:

aloldstuff
05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice hunt, 3 mercs one hole...fantastic....total of five silvers.....fantastic

RobW
05-11-2011, 07:57 AM
:clapping: Nice silver spill :envious:

pipster
05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
three mercs in one hole will make anyone's day great job i also count war nicks silver is silver

coinnut
05-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice score Randy :clapping: Lots of silver :happydance01:That is one reason to go by sound on the E Trac. 3 Mercs is a great hit. :daydream: