PDA

View Full Version : Got my AT Pro

RounderRick
05-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Well I finally got the at pro and got out a little while yesterday with it found a little pocket change and a few odds and ends.
I was getting several deep targets that sounded good but I decided I just want to get the more shallow ones til I get use to it I was in my yard so I can always get the deep ones later.
The tones on the pro is quiet a bit diff then my other detectors I really don't like them but I'm hoping that will pass when I get more use to it I was the same way when I first got an mxt and grew to love it later.
Also with the large coil I think I'm gonna start learning to pinpoint off the front or back I'm having a hard time getting it in the center I guess because I've never used a coil that big plus it being a DD to me it's hard to bring it to the center of the blade when moving it forward and back and that's another reason I don't want to go for the deep ones until I can get better and pp with it I don't want to dig a plug the size of a 5 gal bucket, lol
Other than having to get use to the tones and the pp with it I think I'm gonna like it a lot I also got the gizmo to extend the arm cuff so what little I did get to use it I didn't have any problem in my wrist that I have heard of some saying that didn't have it.
I'll give my review on it in time after I've got a few hours swinging time with it.

coinnut
05-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Glad you got it Ricky thumbsup01 Was the machine stable when in the air? That would tell me a lot about the coil problems they were having. If it was quiet and without falsing, then the coil issues are gone, and it should go pretty deep. :clapping: Can't wait to see what you turn up. I hear you, on not liking the sound lol When I watch Youtube vidoes with people using other machines, I can't stand the noise they make rofl

Spike
05-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Dont like the sounds :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:I really like them they are way less stressing than the E-trac :dontknow: It will take you a bit to learn to trust the iron audio- that high tone is hard not to dig, but so far its been on the money thumbsup01 For me where it really shines is when there is alot of junk and iron- I run on pro zero and only 20 iron discrim- if you can handle the noise the good targets will jump out from the trash and iron. I found two smaller than half dime coins(I thought was silver but not sure now :dontknow:) where there was old square nails and big iron pieces on top the ground- they hit with no doubt to be something good I just did not know what lol

Dimeman
05-11-2011, 08:50 PM
The sounds take a little while to get used to after using a different brand detector for years, but the AT Pro will tell you a good target from a junk one. You just have to learn it's language. :yes:

RounderRick
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks all yeah I'm sure I'll get use to the tones in time I went out again today didn't find nothing of value just junk haven't had a chance to try it in the parks yet for coins.

coinnut, yes it's stable I did the ait test with it the sen wide open and gave it a shake back and forth and twisting my arm and not a peep out of it so I'm confident it don't have the falsing problem the first ones had I was shaking it pretty hard.

coinnut
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
coinnut, yes it's stable I did the ait test with it the sen wide open and gave it a shake back and forth and twisting my arm and not a peep out of it so I'm confident it don't have the falsing problem the first ones had I was shaking it pretty hard.

Sweet :clapping: I look forward to hearing about them 9 deep silver dimes :yes:

RounderRick
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Sweet :clapping: I look forward to hearing about them 9 deep silver dimes :yes:

I look forward to finding them to coin I been doing this going on 4 years now and have yet to find my first silver.

Dimeman, which coil do you think I should be using starting out the stock dd or the 6x9 concentric the only dd coil I've ever used was the small shooter I had with my mxt.
As for ground it's pretty mild around this area and I live in the western part of Tennessee so there's no nugget to hunt so was just wondering where I'd even benefit using the dd or not.

Dimeman
05-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I look forward to finding them to coin I been doing this going on 4 years now and have yet to find my first silver.

Dimeman, which coil do you think I should be using starting out the stock dd or the 6x9 concentric the only dd coil I've ever used was the small shooter I had with my mxt.
As for ground it's pretty mild around this area and I live in the western part of Tennessee so there's no nugget to hunt so was just wondering where I'd even benefit using the dd or not.

If your ground isn't too bad, the concentric would be good , and much easier to pinpoint with to start. I still have some trouble getting the pinpointing real close, with the stock coil.

I have read that the concentric coil does better on distinguising the bottlecaps than the stock coil------and the stock coil does a bang-up great job !!!!!!!!!!

I would like to see what the concentric can do,( that's a hint to use it !!! ;))
as most just have the stock coil.
Let us know what you find, and what your thought are on the AT PRO.

Robbie