PDA

View Full Version : Wayback file

Jeff (or)
05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Here is a pic of an old kerosene lantern a friend and I found a few years back while on a ghost town hunting trip. It was down in Nevada in the Santa Rosa mountian range. We had stopped along a trail for a bite to eat. We did a little exploring around the area, and about seventy five yards away near a ridge we found a small miners shack. The lanten was hanging on a nail inside. It was very interesting looking around. There were picks, gold pans, a bunk, table, canned goods, etc. It looked like the miner just left one day and never came back. We figure that was about the late 1930's. Some day I may revisit the place.

aloldstuff
05-11-2011, 02:55 PM
If the shack is truly abandoned, go back and get those canned goods. Some of those old cans are valuable.

RobW
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
If the shack is truly abandoned, go back and get those canned goods. Some of those old cans are valuable.

You should see Al's house....it's like walking into a freakin' general store museum...his poor wife has so much dusting to do...she took a week off just to clean the house...poor lady and she has to deal with Al too lol

mike l
05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
That's a cool old kerosene lamp. That shack would make a great detecting site.

coinnut
05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Cool looking lantern, I would have never guessed it's age. :dontknow:

JTGOLD
05-13-2011, 07:54 AM
neat find for sure.

DaleGM
05-13-2011, 10:07 AM
treasures are not always found under the coil indeed that a good area to look for the buried loot the old geezers hid as they did not trust the banks.........