PDA

View Full Version : Meteorologists baffled in CO

Viking
05-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Colorado residents arouse yesterday morning to find a clear, wet substance falling from the sky. This strange liquid has continued to descend from large, gray shapes high above the downtown buildings ever since. Meteorologists are scratching their heads as to how to explain this strange weather, and also are wondering where the sun has disappeared to. As a Denver meteorologist for over 25 years, I've been simply mailing in my weather forecasts as 'Sunny and dry' for the bulk of my career, said one local news weather man. Upon researching the museum archives, local scholars learned that this phenomenon is known as rain, or the event of raining. There's no telling when this unnatural occurrence will cease, but at least this mystery has been solved for now. :interesting:

(Man oh man did we need this rain! As a detectorist, I spend a lot of time near the soil and it has been DRY, which makes it even more difficult to 'leave no trace' when patching up dig sites. Rain, baby rain! :peace:)

coinnut
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
lol Good for you guys :clapping: Now just keep it over there until my Saturday hunt is over thumbsup01

Spike
05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I wish I could send you some of this Indiana rain >:/ >:/Im sick of MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyberSage
05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Rain, glorious rain! I love it. It sure feels good. We have had two inches just north of you a bit.

Viking
05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Ok, I officially take back my praise for it raining here. :white:usaflag:: It's been raining a lot here lately. I was supposed to detect the yard of an 1895 house today after work, but it's looking like that'll get rained out. >:\ Oh well, I'll have to set it up for another time.

Sure will look nice around here once the sun comes back out though. Spring has arrived in the Rockies. :clapping:

russellt
05-21-2011, 09:29 PM
my grasss is turning brown.. are you kidding me. i feel you :blackeye:

M-Taliesin
05-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Howdy Folks!
Like I've been saying for several years now, on this forum and others, Colorado is a semiarid state. You seldom get rain around here. And in all the years I've lived in Colorado, I don't think I've seen so much rain in so short a time as we've had in the merry month of May. When that outfit was trying to convince everybody the world would end on the 21st, I was beginning to think we'd be in for another of them Noah's Ark episodes!

We had a real nice day yesterday and today, but they are claiming we'll see more rain on Monday and Tuesday!

This is going to ruin my town's moniker of Saudi Aurora!

But you wanna see nasty, just wait until all that snowpack in the mountains (where snow keeps falling almost a foot each and every day!!!) melts and the runoff comes to town! That's gonna be epic!

Me? I'm still trying to locate blueprints for an ark!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Blessings,
M-Taliesin