PDA

View Full Version : 1790's HOME HUNT

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Been trying to get permission to hunt this home for awhile now.Owner was finally home. he invited me in and showed me some of the old bottles he dug out back.he said house has been sold and is closing in 5 weeks.knock yourself out was his words.i spent an hour there.so many targets.new junk,old junk.2 pewter spoon bowls,a 1837 hard times token and some clad.will be going back for sure!

coinnut
05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Them razors, you can never get away from them lol Love them things. Nice hard times token ( a copper and it counts lol) Looks like you need to hit that place hard since it's gonna be gone soon. Nice that he let you detect it. Good hunt man!! I bet them bottles were :shocked04: :shocked04: :drool:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Them razors, you can never get away from them lol Love them things. Nice hard times token ( a copper and it counts lol) Looks like you need to hit that place hard since it's gonna be gone soon. Nice that he let you detect it. Good hunt man!! I bet them bottles were :shocked04: :shocked04: :drool:

thanks man! yeah some homeowners are so nice.you should see the inside of the house.old timbers exposed on ceiling.all original.
i may go for the indian head dress crown this year! i never win the copper crown anyways

coinnut
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
thanks man! yeah some homeowners are so nice.you should see the inside of the house.old timbers exposed on ceiling.all original.
i may go for the indian head dress crown this year! i never win the copper crown anyways

I've been in some of them old houses and the hand hewn beams are :shocked04: You will have to fight a couple people for that Indian crown though (not me lol) And for the copper crown, it will be an easy one this year lol We stink at it and we are gonna be doing the Pequot hunts soon, so our copper count is going downhill fast >:/

angellionel
05-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Very nice hard times token Dave. :clapping: You should do well again next time you are there. :yes: But hey, you will have to work hard for the Indian head dress crown though. I am up to 89 now. :cheesysmile:

Epi-hunter
05-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Really nice Dave... definitely a place to go back to if you can. There is other good stuff there!

I would love a house like that.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Very nice hard times token Dave. :clapping: You should do well again next time you are there. :yes: But hey, you will have to work hard for the Indian head dress crown though. I am up to 89 now. :cheesysmile:

oh there goes any chance of any crown if you are in our little competition now :white:usaflag::
i thought there was a clause in the contract Dan & G that owners of forums with beefed up e-tracs are not eligible and are subject to disqualification :interesting:
oh well,least i'll get my ox knob crown again! back to back years. a record that will never be broken! thumbsup01
89? holy smokes! :drool:

sniffy
05-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Soak that token in some hot peroxide and clean it with q-tips! Nice hunt, i'm sure there's tons more masked by junk.