PDA

View Full Version : 925 ":daydream: and need your input bouyz!@

leslie(nova scotia)
05-13-2011, 04:47 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....with great haste did dis bouy make way to the post office almost running a red light in the process! The mail! The mail! That meant my new baby had arrived. She looked sum sweet when I unwrapped her at home..........................................!

Navy Davy called and I gut up youz excited at the prospect of trying my new to me Freedom 3 Plus which I had spent $220 on.

Sounded okay. Felt okay. But....and a big un youz she had a trigger and sound problem. Worked through it!

Navy Davy with his Technetics was digging up a storm finding a slew of buttons ,two large cents, a dinkie,ET fun zone token and having a grand time of it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P5130001.jpg
As fur dis bouy wid da handy capped machine a dog tag,button with a shank,66 coins and a silver ring.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P5130006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/daily/P5130004.jpg
Now the dilemma! I have 4 Freedom 3 Plus machines with none of them working properly with three usable but with no joy swinging them. Of course the right shoulder and arm required liquid medication when I gut hume ! Marie has given me the okay to spend a grand (my money by the way) for my birthday which falls on the 28th to buy a new machine. Being a loyal Garrett user I'm torn and need your input and that will dictate which machine I buy from the responses on the various forums.

Here are the choices.........AT PRo European model or the Technetics Omega ? Whatever the greatest number is what I'll buy! On the back burner is once again sending the Freedom 3 Pluses to East Texas to be fixed! Selling my Fisher 1280 water machine (used a total of 4 times ...once by me) also to defer the cost.

Have a great day and appreciate your comments! <;)

JTGOLD
05-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I use a M6 whites but I would say the at pro would be my pick because it is a lot like the M6,at least that is how I feel,but each to his own.

Kimster
05-13-2011, 07:19 PM
I did a lot of research when I bought my last machine, because I wanted it to be my last machine. I had waited several months while I set the money aside, and had my choice of the field. But what I found, after all of my research, was that the White's MXT Pro had everything I wanted (right around $1000 with headset upgrade and DFX-1 hand probe), without the difficulty factor associated with the learning curve for a White's Spectra V3i or the Minelab E-trac (both around $1500 before the headset upgrade or the addition of the DFX-1, an absolute necessity!!!!! Everyone told me once I used a DFX-1 I'd wonder how I ever did MDing without it. They were 100% correct. MDing without a DFX-1 is like mowing your lawn with a sickle...you will required only a fraction of the time and effort you are currently expending on each find, which means a lot more finds). Another great thing about the MXT Pro is that Jeff Foster has written an aftermarket instruction manual the goes way beyond the instruction manual that comes with the machine, and is another absolute must. Now, this is just my opinion, but both the V3i and the E-trac give the user too many choices, which just adds to the confusion factor. While the MXT Pro has all of the technology needed to hunt with the pros, with the simplicity of manual operation of the detector adjustent features. I really think MXT Pro is the best all around, technically current, easiest to use machine on the market. BTW, congratulations on the great finds with your Freedom III. :)

jkress
05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Great hunt Leslie. :clapping: Congrats on the .925!

Awesome... a new machine! :happydance01: From the choices you listed, I'll throw my vote in for the AT Pro. :yes:

coinnut
05-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Try both machines out Leslie. I'm not sure if the sound is the same as your old machines. You may not like either of them because of the way they sound. Some machines chirp, while some have a smooth sound. But if you are dead set on either of them two models, I would go with the AT Pro, since I believe it is going to see a lot of your rainy hunts lol It is water proof (sorta speak). ;)

Dimeman
05-13-2011, 10:14 PM
AT PRO without a doubt !!!!!!!!!!!!

aloldstuff
05-14-2011, 06:46 AM
great finds, detector choice....I have always been a whites fan but I have heard good things about the at pro

marinedad
05-14-2011, 07:21 AM
i like my mxt, but at pro is a lot lighter, waterproof till 10 ft. i think, if you detect in rain or beaches.