PDA

View Full Version : High Trash Density

Clutch Cargo
05-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Hello George and Dan, finally got the forum squared away. First posted about St. Lucia here when I spotted the Introduce yourself forum, where it should have been instead of here. Sorry about that....Anyhow, tried the high trash setting a bit here in the yard, (house was built around 1890). Found a 1913 and 1944 Wheaties. Further down in the same hole was a nail, so this setting works the way you and Angel said. I noticed that Angel has his sensitivity on Manual. Mine is on Auto.

Do you recommend keeping it here until until the operator gets more used to the detector?

Epi-hunter
05-14-2011, 09:21 AM
I would definitely keep the trash density setting on high.

As for the sensitivity, that's something you can play around with. Many people I know (including myself) prefer to keep it on manual and adjust to the conditions of the ground, because generally you can run it higher than what auto will give you. Sometimes in a tough setting I will use auto plus 3.

Clutch Cargo
05-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. Same bit of lawn today and found 12 coins. All new except for 1 wheatie. getting used to the Etrac and love it. Was wondering what the steps were for entering a custom program?

coinnut
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. Same bit of lawn today and found 12 coins. All new except for 1 wheatie. getting used to the Etrac and love it. Was wondering what the steps were for entering a custom program?

Easier to show you then tell you. You can adjust any controls and they will appear the next time you turn the machine on, but as for saving the settings and patterns, I can show you at the club meeting. It's pretty easy, but since you are close by it's better to see how it's done. lol

Clutch Cargo
05-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Sounds good George. Appreciate it. Really getting to like this ETRAC. How did you and Del make out this weekend?

coinnut
05-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Sounds good George. Appreciate it. Really getting to like this ETRAC. How did you and Del make out this weekend?

We both got a copper each, but Paul stole the show lol 4 coppers. Most of them are farthings and are early ones. It was a great hunt. Dan only got about 2 hours in, he was camping with the family. But the site is huge and when the grass is cut, it will yeald more I'm sure.