PDA

View Full Version : AT Pro & 6.5 x 9

RounderRick
05-14-2011, 03:06 PM
I went to the park a couple hours this morn and went over the totlot real good with the 6.5 x 9 coil I wanted to try it out as I was having problem pp with the large stock dd coil.
Well it was great didn't find a lot like 3 quarters, 2 nickels, 2 dimes and several pennies but the park is just right up the road and I hit it often so not to bad for a short hunt I didn't hit the open areas was kinda muddy after the rain.
I will be keeping the 6.5 x 9 coil on for all my coin hunting because pp is dead on with it every target I pp was right in the center.
I like the extra coverage of the 8.5 x 11 dd but I will keep it and use it if I go to the woods or areas I can use a shovel like for relic hunting.
As for depth I can't say yet I had the sen backed off 4 bars because I didn't want to go to deep due to the material under the wood chips but one of my coins was about 6 it was right on top of the material so it seems the depth might be ok with this coil too.

coinnut
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a winner of a coil. Sometimes smaller coils don't get the credit they deserve, especially in the depth department. I bet you'll get some good depth with it thumbsup01

Dimeman
05-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I went to the park a couple hours this morn and went over the totlot real good with the 6.5 x 9 coil I wanted to try it out as I was having problem pp with the large stock dd coil.
Well it was great didn't find a lot like 3 quarters, 2 nickels, 2 dimes and several pennies but the park is just right up the road and I hit it often so not to bad for a short hunt I didn't hit the open areas was kinda muddy after the rain.
I will be keeping the 6.5 x 9 coil on for all my coin hunting because pp is dead on with it every target I pp was right in the center.
I like the extra coverage of the 8.5 x 11 dd but I will keep it and use it if I go to the woods or areas I can use a shovel like for relic hunting.
As for depth I can't say yet I had the sen backed off 4 bars because I didn't want to go to deep due to the material under the wood chips but one of my coins was about 6 it was right on top of the material so it seems the depth might be ok with this coil too.

Darn it!!! :shocked04:-----with results like that-------- you're gonna make me buy the larger concentric coil for mine---- aren't you:huh::huh::huh:thinkingabout:? lol lol lol

I still have trouble pinpointing with the DD coil--and I've watched the Garrett AT Pro videos, many times. :confused:

I went out yesterday to a wooded area and had a whisper of a signal and it was getting the number VDI of 85 and 86. I used the PRO mode --zero and absolutely no DISC. Still had a slight high tone and did read 85/86 on the VDI and the depth pegged at 10 inches. I only had my Lesche digger and dug, and dug and dug. The hole was a couple inches deeper than the Lesche ( which is exactly 12 inches long) and I still hadn't got to the target. And that's with the stock coil !!!!!!!

I knew I should have brought a shovel. I covered it back up.......but I know where it is and I'll go back and see what it is----with my shovel.

RounderRick
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
I hear ya on the depth a couple days ago I dug a small bullet that had been fired but didn't hit nothing and it was at 8 it was a 22 bullet and I haven't been running full sens it's like 3 bars from the max.
Yeah I'm really liking this 6.5 x 9 I still got it on and been out bout everyday for a little while and even with it being a concentric it still has the high tone of a good target mixed in with the junk targets.
I dug a penny here by my front door that I know I've been over a dozen times with my other detectors it was about 4 but before I got to it I pulled out an old nail almost eat up and an old roofing tack so I'm really impressed with the performance of this pro it's def a keeper for me.
Also DM I don't know if you got one or not but the gizmo to extend the arm cuff makes a world of diff with the balance to where it's don't hurt your arm and make it feel coil heavy.

Dimeman
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Just got the Gizmo and am hoping to get out in a few days to try it. Just swinging with the Gizmo on ( in the middle hole) seems the balance has moved toward the grip---it's not as coil heavy feeling. :)

Now if they would get the headphone adapter out I can use some lightweight headphones in this summer scorching heat we already are getting. :(

And I'm debating on, if I should get the 9X12 coil for it........... :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: