PDA

View Full Version : BACK TO THE 1790'S HOME

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-14-2011, 06:32 PM
decided to go back up to the colonial home today.spent 4 hours there. as you can see the junk to good stuff ratio is crazy! i dug my butt off today
11 wheaties,a 1941 silver washington,a pewter buckle and thought i had a large copper for sure.turns out to be a local peter & paul cadbury company goodluck token.peter & paul made alot of candy bars when plant was open in naugatuck,ct.the company has since shut down it's plant and moved to who knows where.probably overseas like most other us companies
anyways i fried up those morels i found yesterday with egg and flour fried in butter.boy were they good! if you see no further threads posted by me..you know what happened :barf: :-\

MassDirtFisher
05-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the neat finds, and always nice to get some silver. Happy Hunting!!

coinnut
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
anyways i fried up those morels i found yesterday with egg and flour fried in butter.boy were they good! if you see no further threads posted by me..you know what happened :barf: :-\

No need to worry \:hammer: Only the good die young lol Nice buckle and you did some relic hunting for sure. Did you slice them Morels down the middle, or just do them whole? I hate when you get a big coin and it ain't a copper >:# But tokens are good too. I did find something today that only you would appreciate. Lucky it wasn't on film, cause my on edge copper would have revealed itself as an ox knob >:/

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-14-2011, 11:31 PM
No need to worry \:hammer: Only the good die young lol Nice buckle and you did some relic hunting for sure. Did you slice them Morels down the middle, or just do them whole? I hate when you get a big coin and it ain't a copper >:# But tokens are good too. I did find something today that only you would appreciate. Lucky it wasn't on film, cause my on edge copper would have revealed itself as an ox knob >:/

thanks G.yup i sliced em down the middle.i'm not dead yet so i'm good to go i think.oh i got some competition now in the ox knob dept!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Dan or george anyway you guys can date this buckle? it's definitely pewter but i don't know how old it may be? still one stone left in it lower left.any ballpark guess would be appreciated.

pulltabsteve
05-15-2011, 04:06 AM
I love that little buckle :happydance01: Sweeet hunt! How often do you clean out your trap for the sink? rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-15-2011, 08:20 AM
I love that little buckle :happydance01: Sweeet hunt! How often do you clean out your trap for the sink? rofl

<} i haven't cleaned it yet.i must be doing something right :grin:

SeabeeRon
05-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey Dave!! I haven't posted much lately, but that does not mean I haven't been watching your awesome finds so far this year!! :clapping: |:confused:)

aloldstuff
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Great finds, that buckle is really cool. So relics and silver, to bad that wasn't a copper.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Hey Dave!! I haven't posted much lately, but that does not mean I haven't been watching your awesome finds so far this year!! :clapping: |:confused:)

thanks Ron!