PDA

View Full Version : Silver, Indian Head Cents, And Found Camera

angellionel
05-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Today I took a drive to the New Haven area to scout out two sites I have had on my list of parks for some time now. The first site had plenty of open space, but the targets were few and far between. The few clad coins I did dig up were relatively deep too, about eight inches or so. Not the kind of thing I'm fond of. lol I did pick up one mercury dime before heading to the second site.

The second location is a small park, but with plenty of space to keep me busy for a good number of hours. There were hardly any clad coins, and what clad was there was no deeper than three inches or so. I did better with the old coins and other targets at this location, picking up 15 old wheat cents, two Indian Head cents, dated 1864 and 1896, a 1943-P wartime nickel, two mercury dimes, dated 1941 and 1942, a 1902 Barber quarter, and two old buttons.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/May/silvercoins_051411.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/May/wartimenickelandih_051411.jpg

This old New Haven Police button still has some gild on it.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/May/nhpolicebutton_051411.jpg

These bring my total wheat count this year to 267.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/May/15_wheatcents_051411.jpg

On my way home I made another stop at the site where I lost my camera this past Thursday, this time heading into the woods trying to retrace my steps as best as I could - in the woods everything seems to look the same. lol After about twenty minutes I did find my camera. It was near the trunk of a large tree. <:

HH!

coinnut
05-14-2011, 09:09 PM
See, all the stuff you lose will come back to you lol Nice job finding it and now you have one for outdoors and one for home...everyone is happy ;) Nice group of coins and a real nice looking '64 Indian. It was a great day to detect...picture perfect!!

pulltabsteve
05-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Another day of awesome goodies thumbsup01 Congrats on the camera recovery thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Wonderful finds, as always! Someday I hope to find an Indian Head from the 1860s.

Congrats on finding your camera too! I hope it didn't get rained on or anything.

russellt
05-14-2011, 10:18 PM
dang son . just awesome |:confused:)

jkress
05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Nice finds today Angel. :clapping:
Looking at your Barber quarter made me realize that I haven't found one yet
this year. I want one soon. :daydream:
Congrats on finding your camera... all the good stuff are around the base of trees. lol

aloldstuff
05-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Great hunting, 267 wheats so far...fantastic count. I had every bit of confidence that you would find your camera, Heck if you can pull a little penny up from 8 inches then that huge camera on top of the ground so have been easy. Congrats, your posts are killers

coop
05-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Cool button thumbsup01

del
05-15-2011, 05:44 PM
you deffinately have to stop hanging around that Coinnut fella , his bad habbits are rubbing off on you lol rofl rofl its nice to hear you recovered the camera Angel :happydance01: and the coins totals look great congrats on the Barber and i agree the button is loaded with gilt and very nice .

Dan

angellionel
05-15-2011, 08:12 PM
you deffinately have to stop hanging around that Coinnut fella , his bad habbits are rubbing off on you lol rofl rofl its nice to hear you recovered the camera Angel :happydance01: and the coins totals look great congrats on the Barber and i agree the button is loaded with gilt and very nice .

Dan

I think you are right. lol My detector caught his detector's cold. lol

Thanks Dan! :beerbuddy:

coinnut
05-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I think you are right. lol My detector caught his detector's cold. lol

Thanks Dan! :beerbuddy:

Germ Warfare :-> :-> Why do you think Del only has two coppers lol Keep hanging with me Angel and you will be reduce to only clad at 6 :clapping: :clapping:

RobW
05-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Nice finds Angel :clapping: Especially that camera lol Does it still work after being rained on? :dontknow:

angellionel
05-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Germ Warfare :-> :-> Why do you think Del only has two coppers lol Keep hanging with me Angel and you will be reduce to only clad at 6 :clapping: :clapping:

:shocked04: :shocked04: Keep your machine away from my baby! :bop: rofl

Nice finds Angel :clapping: Especially that camera lol Does it still work after being rained on? :dontknow:

I was not worried about it getting wet. It is a waterproof camera. :yes: I had bought it to also take with me while shallow water detecting, but then detecting got in the way of my wanting to carry it around to take photos while in the water. lol

wingmaster
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Great finds congrats.