PDA

View Full Version : 2 reale and a fake!!!!!!!!!

coop
05-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Detected a house that was built in the mid 1700s today any found a 1737 2 reale!!!!!!!! I also found a 1738 1 reale but its a fake. I also got a few eagle buttons and a nice early 1800s gold plated button. The other silver is from a short hunt a few days ago. Thanks for looking HH

Epi-hunter
05-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice reale thumbsup01

MassDirtFisher
05-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Reale good hunt Coop. Congrats on the GREAT finds!! Happy Hunting!!

del
05-15-2011, 05:37 PM
great hunt Coop , what makes you think the pistareen reale is a fake . the casting is a little questionable but good and the color tone looks pretty close ( very silver like) is there a noticeable difference in the weight or sound of the metal when you drop it on a table :huh:

Dan

jkress
05-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Man... love the real Reale. :smitten: :drool:
It's such an amazing coin.

I know we have Reales in my area, unfortunately the best place to find them is off limits to detecting. crying01

Julien Dubuque is credited as being the first European to settle on what is now Iowa soil in 1788. In 1796, Dubuque received a land grant from the Governor of Spain, who had resided in New Orleans at the time. The grant gave permission to Julien Dubuque to work the land which was owned by Spain and specified the 189-square mile area to be named as Mines of Spain. Dubuque eventually married Potosa, daughter of the Mesquakie Indian Chief, Peosta. Dubuque died March 24,1810.

The Mines of Spain was once a thriving early Spanish and Native American mining community and now is a recreation area for hiking. I've found several cellar holes including an early church foundation :drool: while morel hunting.

Sorry to get off from your post, but every time I see a Reale found... I think of those foundations in the Mines of Spain. :daydream:

Great recoveries coop. I really enjoy your posts. thumbsup01

coinnut
05-15-2011, 06:49 PM
great hunt Coop , what makes you think the pistareen reale is a fake . the casting is a little questionable but good and the color tone looks pretty close ( very silver like) is there a noticeable difference in the weight or sound of the metal when you drop it on a table :huh:

Dan

rofl I was gonna ask the same questions lol Nice finds Coop. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
05-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Very nice hunt. Del and Coinnut asked the good questions. Congrts on the 2 reale.

coop
05-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Dan
The weight is very close but I could tell as soon as I saw it that it was counterfeit. It rang in at 15-19 on the E-trac usually modern pop top, That is way to low for a 1 reale pistareen to come in at. It came out with a patina Ive never seen on silver and I could tell its not made of silver. I will post a video showing its counterfeit. Thanks for looking HH

coop
05-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Man... love the real Reale. :smitten: :drool:
It's such an amazing coin.

I know we have Reales in my area, unfortunately the best place to find them is off limits to detecting. crying01

Julien Dubuque is credited as being the first European to settle on what is now Iowa soil in 1788. In 1796, Dubuque received a land grant from the Governor of Spain, who had resided in New Orleans at the time. The grant gave permission to Julien Dubuque to work the land which was owned by Spain and specified the 189-square mile area to be named as Mines of Spain. Dubuque eventually married Potosa, daughter of the Mesquakie Indian Chief, Peosta. Dubuque died March 24,1810.

The Mines of Spain was once a thriving early Spanish and Native American mining community and now is a recreation area for hiking. I've found several cellar holes including an early church foundation :drool: while morel hunting.

Sorry to get off from your post, but every time I see a Reale found... I think of those foundations in the Mines of Spain. :daydream:

Great recoveries coop. I really enjoy your posts. thumbsup01
Wow love the history!! I bet you'll find some Spanish silver real soon. HH

coinnut
05-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Definitely real low numbers on the E Trac for that silver. Fake all the way lol It has got to thud when it hits the counter rofl

mike l
05-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice reale find. That's the number 1 find on my list :beerbuddy:

RobW
05-16-2011, 07:57 AM
While it might be fake, it's a darn good one. Not the quality I usually see in fakes, better attention to detail. Kinda funny to find a REAL one and a fake one at the same spot :confused:

Your finds are amazing :shocked04: