PDA

View Full Version : Pro Pointer Less Sensitive On Tip?

MartinL
05-15-2011, 04:05 PM
I was digging today, found a sliver of aluminum siding, and the Pro Pointer won't read it on the tip of the PP. The sides do, yet I have to physically contact it onto the sides, but it sings nicely. I did a good job of cleaning the tip off, installed a new battery, and it still tested the same. I did an air test on some coins with it and maybe it's paranoia, it seems that the sides are more sensitive to the coins than to the tip as well. Shouldn't the tip logically be the hottest and most sensitive zone? martin

396nova
09-28-2011, 02:26 PM
That just doesn`t seem right. I have a Auto Max V4 pinpointer that works like you discribe. My Pro Pointer on the other hand had a range of 2 or more off the tip, and the sides have about the same range.

EastCoast
09-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I had an AutoMax v4 pointer and was not happy with it. Finally got run over by a town truck in a park by mistake.
Bought the Garrett Pro Pointer and never looked back.

randy
10-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Mine works fine on the tip. I've had 2 go bad already, tho, and Garrett has been really good about repairing/replacing them. If you think yours is bad, just call their 800 number and they will set you up.

EastCoast
10-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the tip Randy, I've heard good things about Garrett standing behind their products

Ill Digger
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Mine works fine on the tip. I've had 2 go bad already, tho, and Garrett has been really good about repairing/replacing them. If you think yours is bad, just call their 800 number and they will set you up.
Yep me too :yes: :dontknow: Just call'em up :yes: They'll walk you through the rest thumbsup01
I'll be calling them again here soon. One of my backups is starting act up I think :rolleyes: