PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bit of Everything Yesterday

milco
05-16-2011, 07:27 AM
The weather just has not been cooperating around here at all. After raining and in the low 40's for the past several days I finally made it out for a good part of the afternoon and evening yesterday in spite of the 40 mph winds, at least it was done raining. Of course now that I have to go back to work this morning, it's 60 and sunny!

I have been hunting various small strips of dirt in and around some construction/demolition sites. Here are my finds from my last two trips, about 5 hours.

I was fortunate enough to spot an intact John Graf Wiess Beer, early crown top yesterday. The rain had exposed just a little edge of it out the dirt that backfilled a foundation. I was pleasantly surprise when I start to remove the dirt and found it was whole.

Old coins: 1947 Rosie, 1916D, 1939, 1944D, 1945D Wheats

aloldstuff
05-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Nice haul, the beer bottle is really cool. the weather di not cooperate here yesterday.Congrats on the silver

SeabeeRon
05-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Love those hunts where you find lots of variety like that!! 8)

coinnut
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Love the bottle :clapping: :clapping: I bet there are so many at construction sites that are broken up :crying02: All them old privies and yard dumps are just waiting to be found. Nice tag too...a hotel baggage tag maybe? :dontknow: Nice collection of finds. I haven't had a ton of success in construction sites, but I am always drawn to them. Is that small, broken spoon silver?? Great hunts!!

del
05-16-2011, 06:49 PM
some nice early finds Milco , i like the early beer bottle as well :smitten:

milco
05-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Love the bottle :clapping: :clapping: I bet there are so many at construction sites that are broken up :crying02: All them old privies and yard dumps are just waiting to be found. Nice tag too...a hotel baggage tag maybe? :dontknow: Nice collection of finds. I haven't had a ton of success in construction sites, but I am always drawn to them. Is that small, broken spoon silver?? Great hunts!!

I know how you feel, I am drawn to demo and construction sites, I just can't help myself. I believe the tag is from the Pulaski Public Pool, Pulaski 299 P.B. or what used to be Pulaski Public Bath, but I'm not sure yet. The baby spoon is aluminum.

jkress
05-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Excellent finds Milco! :shocked04: :clapping:
Lots of very nice old items. My favorites are the silver rosie (of course), the Weiss Beer bottle and the Pulaski tag. :smitten:
Great stuff and congrats.