PDA

View Full Version : my favourite coin

bymatt666
05-16-2011, 04:44 PM
i like this coin because of who's it is...Oliver Cromwell...the Protector of England during the time when there was no king ! he ruled from1649-1660,with an iron fist......not too many of these coins appear so i'm very proud... ;)....it's a half Groat but is very worn ,but most of them are.......unfortunately not all coins found over here are in mint condition( just my luck).... :(.....byron

del
05-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Byron the history behind the relics and coins is great and congrats on that beauty . :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

coinnut
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Very Nice. At least there is enough detail to identify it :clapping: Hard to imagine no King :confused:

angellionel
05-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Excellent find Byron. :clapping: So much history the coins tell. :yes:

aloldstuff
05-17-2011, 07:14 AM
I have a hard enough time with our coins, but you guys seem to know about all the rulers, kings, emperors, etc. Great coin

bymatt666
05-17-2011, 03:57 PM
hi aloldstuff.....most of us use a catalogue,printed every year,by a coin dealing company called Spinks...it features every british coin ever struck/minted and has actual size pictures to compare your coins with..... thumbsup01.....every ruler is featured with the dates of their reign, very helpful......i have been detecting for around 8 years, since i retired, and i've learnt more about history in that time than iever learned at school !..... :yes:....thanks for your interest.....byron