PDA

View Full Version : Flying with an E-trac

Viking
05-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Have any of you had any experiences with taking your E-trac through airport security, or travelling with it in general? I have taken my Ace 250 and Compadre in my carry-on bag in the past with no problems (hassle free and the detectors worked fine upon landing), but I wanted to check to see if the E-trac was any different? I will be traveling on 4th of July weekend and would like to take my detector with me (probably in my carry-on suitcase). I am planning to disassemble it, so it will fit, and then pack clothes in and around it, to minimize bumps and bruises. :blackeye:

Does anybody see any problems with transporting it this way? Thanks for the input. :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Have any of you had any experiences with taking your E-trac through airport security, or travelling with it in general? I have taken my Ace 250 and Compadre in my carry-on bag in the past with no problems (hassle free and the detectors worked fine upon landing), but I wanted to check to see if the E-trac was any different? I will be traveling on 4th of July weekend and would like to take my detector with me (probably in my carry-on suitcase). I am planning to disassemble it, so it will fit, and then pack clothes in and around it, to minimize bumps and bruises. :blackeye:

Does anybody see any problems with transporting it this way? Thanks for the input. :beerbuddy:

I have flown with my E-Trac several times.

I have never carried it on but always packed it with my checked luggage. I disassembled it and packed clothing around it, as you said. :) I have never had any problems. However, do expect that they may search your luggage; I had a note in my bag afterward several times informing me that my luggage was searched, I'm sure because the X-ray triggered them to look at it more closely. :)

I travel a great deal for work and have never had my checked luggage searched any other time. lol

Viking
05-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Good deal, thanks for the reply! If I decide to carry-on a small suitcase, I'll have to make sure to leave my Lesche digger behind. That sucker would get confiscated in no time flat! :beatdown: