PDA

View Full Version : Mixed mode again

v3ikid
05-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Went out in the yard for a little hunt running the mixed mode and got a dime at 4 with a nail on the other side of the hole at the same 4. That was pretty cool. Got a few nails that rang up on discriminate mode, the vdi was scatterd all over the place so i figured it was junk beings they we not too deep but had to dig em to see.

The spot where i got the dime has been gridded to death with two machines and all the directions. I can't say that i've missed much in my yard as far as coins but i sure have missed this one more then once. The iron and nails i this yard is definatly not the place to run mixed mode but i'm hard headed and learn more sometimes by doing what i shouldn't.

I don't think there is any way you could get every piece of junk that could mask a good target out of this yard. lol BUT i'm slowly in the process. I really like the way this set up works but i can see it will be one that i will only use when the spot allows.

coinnut
05-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Mixed mode on any machine is a tough one lol More power to you thumbsup01 I can only handle Tone ID myself on the DFX, but mixed mode is another way to use that machine to it's fullest (if you can stomach it). I could only do it sparingly. Tinker as much as you can. You are doing great so far. :clapping: