PDA

View Full Version : today

hockeyguy
05-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Went to a local hunted out park for a few hours looking to try some different settings, dig some iffy signals if necessary and look close to iron. With about 10 total digs, I came up with 2 IH cents, 1899 and 1864. I had a slight silvery sound near the last one, however, the police asked me to leave since they had a complaint. i told them I had been to the parks department and they said to get a letter from them. I hate people.

Anyway, this prompted me to call a friend with an old home in an old neighborhood. His neigbors have mostly very old mansions. He asked me to help find his property markers but he didn't want to today so he said come on over anyway.....not much to find except a few wheats and this token? Says Rhode Island, was relatively deep and I thought it said 1834 or 1864 until I scanned it. It says 1636 :drool:! Now I don't know if thats a commemereative medallion (hard to believe based on depth) or what, but I bet someone else here does. I am trying to read the back. It says warranteed, 14k gold plated but I can't get a closeup to fit here.

Please LMK what you think.

Theres an exciting area to hunt there although it wont be easy. It appears as though there's a very steep hill that originally had a long set of stairs leading to where they used to park the horses....I will check this area next.

HH

Aaron

coinnut
05-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey, Nice couple of Indians :clapping: I think the medal is a watch fob ? ( :dontknow: ) and the 1636 has to do with the establishment of the state or something similar. It's not from 1636 (maybe 1936?) I hate the fact that someone complains and their answer is to kick you out until you can prove otherwise. They should tell them to prove it's against the law for you to be there. This country is backwards :rolleyes: :dontknow: Nice that you got some keepers :clapping:

russellt
05-20-2011, 09:09 PM
very nice finds . i would take that any day .. only one injun for me this year ..... nufff said

mike l
05-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Too bad you got asked to leave the park, looks like you were on a roll >:/. Good luck on your next hunt :beerbuddy:

jkress
05-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Nice bunch of keepers Aaron. :clapping:
Bummer about the park. >:( The pendant/fob is very cool.
A nice addition to your collection.
It's great to see another Explorer user pulling out the goodies. thumbsup01
Congrats and good luck on your next hunt.

leslie(nova scotia)
05-21-2011, 09:55 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....too bad you didnt have a written note fur da coppers. Anyway good finds and keep on a swinging! <;)

aloldstuff
05-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes I agree with coinnut, prove I don't belong there. Congrats ont he finds and good luck on the return visit.

RobW
05-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Nice finds :clapping: I'd go back and if the police show up, tell them to show you what you're doing wrong is illegal or against and park rules. Innocent until proven guilty...at least that is the theory :yes: