PDA

View Full Version : My first E-Trac Barber(s)!!!

Tony Two-Cent
05-21-2011, 05:39 PM
I had another super fun day of detecting today! If you're going to find your first E-Trac Barber you may as well go ahead and find FOUR Barbers! I was doing the dance several times today!
:happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

I went to a nearby small town where I had previously found some good stuff at a park. Every time I've hunted this park I have had my eye on the village hall across the street. Today I finally decided to venture over to the village hall and I'm glad I did! I found the Barber quarter almost immediately. It is my first E-Trac Barber coin and only my second Barber quarter ever! I ended up finding several wheat cents, a silver Rosie, and three Barber dimes all in the tiny front yard of the village hall.

I haven't cleaned up any of the coins yet, but here's a picture of my finds for the day. I found a small child's sterling silver ring too. I will report back with dates after I get the coins cleaned up a bit. What a fun day!

MassDirtFisher
05-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Congrats on a sweet hunt. Nice silver haul. Happy Hunting!!

Epi-hunter
05-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Great finds!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

That is a day to never forget. Incredible! :clapping:

Spike
05-21-2011, 06:51 PM
|:confused:) |:confused:) :envious: :envious: The E-trac is doing you good thumbsup01 four barbers in one hunt :thinkingabout: do not think I found that many this year Congrats

pulltabsteve
05-21-2011, 06:56 PM
What a sweet day you had! Looks like you found the barber field!!!

randy
05-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Wow, that is a nice collection of clad you've got there :poke: Congrats :clapping: And I hope you don't go bald with all those barbers in your face :perfect10: Amazing and congrats again.

Tony Two-Cent
05-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks, everyone! It certainly was a day to remember. The good news is there is still a lot of area at that village hall that I haven't hunted yet, along both sides and a big back yard.

Here are the dates of the Barbers:

Dimes:

Quarter:

No mint marks on any of them. The Rosie is a 1946.

Snickerdoodle
05-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome hunt and look at those silvers 8) Tony Two-cent

angellionel
05-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Excellent! That is one sweet hunt for sure. :clapping: :happydance01: I suspect you will be picking up a few more from that site. thumbsup01

jkress
05-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Look at all those Barbers! <: Love the quarter. :drool:
Excellent silver day for you and the E-Trac. :clapping:
You have yourself a very exciting site to hunt. I can't
wait to see what you get from there next... Barber Half maybe. :thinkingabout:

russellt
05-21-2011, 09:16 PM
superb... that is straight up awesome :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I went back to the village hall today in hopes of finding some more keepers. Unfortunately, I encountered some problems with my E-Trac. Every time I would bend down to dig a target, the machine would turn itself off. At first, I discovered that if I picked the machine up slowly after digging the target, it wouldn't do it. After a while even that didn't help, I couldn't keep the machine turned on for more than 5 seconds at a time. I tried taking the battery pack out and reinserting it, that didn't help any. I took the battery pack out again, cleaned the contacts (they weren't dirty) with a corner of cardboard from the back of a pack of batteries. That didn't help either. I finally just went home.

I had just put fresh batteries in the battery pack this morning before I left. The rechargable pack was charging at home, I didn't have it with me. I know that others have had this exact same problem with the E-Trac. I am going to go read those threads and see how the problem was solved.

Anyway, I only found one wheat cent today, plus this item which I thought was neat. I think it's silver plated. It's more shiny than it looks here, it didn't scan well. I think it will clean up better. It is 1-1/4wide by 2 tall.

aloldstuff
05-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh how seet it is....all those barbers and still more to come. Congrats on a great hunt

v3ikid
05-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the etrac. You've been making some great finds, i hope it's an easy fix for you. I like that whtever it is, it's pretty cool. :clapping:

RobW
05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice finds, congrats on the barbers :clapping:

I think Minlab has sent out a bich of half#%^$ machines. They were so back ordered they just started cranking them out and the quality isn't there. Thank god Tim had a roll of electrical tape to hold my coil on this weekend after it kept falling off the shaft.

I think owning an E-Trac is like owning a high end luxury sprts car...the performance is great, but the maintenence and repairs is too >:#

Tony Two-Cent
05-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the etrac. You've been making some great finds, i hope it's an easy fix for you. I like that whtever it is, it's pretty cool. :clapping:

It's a badge of some sort. On the back you can see where the pin was. Maybe it's an award for selling newspapers or some such?

In other news, I fired up my E-Trac in my back yard this evening and could not get it to duplicate the problems from the other day. It didn't shut itself off once, I couldn't get it to not matter what I did. I guess that's good news, but I'm still leery. Maybe it was just overheated or something?

dave in iowa
05-23-2011, 09:01 PM
great coins , hit that place again

coinnut
05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
In other news, I fired up my E-Trac in my back yard this evening and could not get it to duplicate the problems from the other day. It didn't shut itself off once, I couldn't get it to not matter what I did. I guess that's good news, but I'm still leery. Maybe it was just overheated or something?

First, congrats on a super hunt |:confused:) |:confused:) Barbers are always welcomed lol Especially when they bring some friends too ;) On the E Trac problem, did you use the rechargeable pack this time?? If the problem was the AA pack, check the total voltage of the pack. Also note that on the E Trac's batteries, the contacts are made of a metal strip that seems to be cut a bit narrow. It slips down a bit and exposes a gap, so I just turn it upside down and give it a tap so that it doesn't have a gap showing. I make sure the metal contacts are completely solid. My thinking on this is, if the spiral contact inside the machine hits that gap on the battery pack, there will be no voltage for a split second and the machine would shut down. Just a guess on my part. I am also careful not to let the battery drop in too fast and smash the contacts. Just something to look at.

trout-hunter
05-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Wow!! |:confused:) congrats on the super finds.

CTDirtFisher
05-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Holy Schnikeys Batman! Nice digs....

JTGOLD
05-27-2011, 05:04 PM
awsome hunt,wtg.