PDA

View Full Version : Evening from Vermont couple

DuggeranDigger
05-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Evening everyone;
We just joined up,and wanted to introduce ourselves.My name is,Todd,and the wife,Kathryn.Our nicknames are:grin:ugger{as I'm usually saying:Get 'er dug upto the wife,and she is:&quot:grin:igger,as she usually digs.Proud to annouce our newest member,fellow detectorist in our group:Rodderick,male dauschund we rescued few months ago,he's about a year old next month we think.He loves to help us dig our plugs,and dig in our holes! For never being outside a good portion of his life,he's doing great.His nickname is:cheesysmile:iggie :)
We started metal detecting with whites spectrum xlt,confused us somewhat,to say the least.We just bought from kellyco,Mpx pro' & Mp3 pro'.I just picked up for the wife,her 1 st metal detector,a whites coinmaster.We figured since the xlt is confusing,we'd start over ith simpler detectors,than work them,learn basics,skills increase to use the xlt as it is meant to be used for.I guess I kinda' jumped the gun,hopping into a bmw with blind folds on.Neither of us really understand the basic controls on xlt,or our mp's,coinmaster.as the wife has said many a times:doesn't do us any good having a cadillac,when you can't even drive a buggy!....
We have found some clad,and silver,no shortage of bottle tabs/caps,some jewelry~but not enough to even break even with the xlt,let alone the 3 new ones we just got this week heh heh heh...one day we will,once we learn basic controls such as;sensativity and discrimination,well,xlt has a lot more,but we gave that up,until we learn these more simpler ones.
We're located in Northern vermont,Saint Albans city.We're just starting to go out metal detecting this year.As many others,we've been getting rains pretty much everyday for over 2 weeks.Our adult children,who also enjoy metal detecting,have been doing it for over a month,down ther ein Illinois,herrin.They been teasing us with thier finds.This year,our 1st silver is a:standing liberty half dollar 1949 in great condition.It was on a hillside,not too deep either,only about 2-3 depth .
well,we look forward to meeting you all in forum,reading your stories and finds.We'll post and share our stories and finds as well,every so often.Best of luck to our fellow detectorist and may your batteries last hours :)

Ttfn
Dugger Digger Diggie

p.s.~which link in here would help us to learn the basic controls/functions on detectors? to help us learn properly how to read and understand settings? thanks again!

Tony Two-Cent
05-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading your post. Congrats on the Walking Liberty half! That's a great coin! I am familiar with Herrin, IL, I drove right past there a couple of weekends ago on my way to Memphis. I am originally from southern Illinois myself.

Good luck learning your new machines and I look forward to hearing about your finds!

russellt
05-21-2011, 08:52 PM
looks like you are well on your way . welcome

angellionel
05-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome to our forum! You two must have a lot fun hinting together. :clapping: Glad that you have joined us. thumbsup01

You may want to read through the posts found in the Metal Detectors, Gear & Accessories section. There are several detector specific boards as well. There may also be a few members here familiar with the detectors you are using, so feel free to ask questions. :yes:

del
05-21-2011, 09:27 PM
hello and welcome to the forum Todd and Kathryn , i also have been rained in this last week or so >:\ . i am very familiar with the XLT (had it for about 4 years) and would be happy to answer any questions about it for you although i'm not too familiar with the other machines you mentioned to much. you can post questions in the General Discussion area of the forum or in any of the appropriate detector brand areas that are lower on the main page . theres plenty of great detectorists here with lots of experience to help.

Dan

Bulldog
05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Howdy Dugger, Digger and Diggie. Welcome from Washington State. :)

HH,
Bulldog

coinnut
05-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Welcome D D & D lol I'm from western MA (near Springfield), kinda close to you. Congrats on rescuing Diggie :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: And congrats on the Walking Liberty Half too :happydance01: As others have said, ask questions about your machines. All of them machines will get you back what you paid for them after a short learning curve. Preset programs are the way to go if you do not understand the machine very well. I think Del can tell you which one is a good one on the XLT. PM him or just ask the question in the general discussion section. Glad you found us and welcome to the best hobby in the world thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
05-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist!! 8) :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Welcome from another western mass detectorist. Congrats on the walking liberty half. Your mission, if you decide to accept, is this. Do not let the children out detect you. Have fun and keep diggin

BOWSER
05-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome i love vermont

cnr_dogs
05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
welcome to the forum from Idaho

RobW
05-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Another New England welcome from Western MA!

jkress
05-28-2011, 12:01 AM
A big welcome to all three of you! :clapping:
There is always room for three more around this campfire... so pull up two chairs and a nice spot for Diggie (nice job on the rescue thumbsup01 ) and
enjoy the group.
Congrats on your first silver... and one heck of a great one. <: The WLH is one of my favorite US coins. :smitten:
Looking forward to what you and Digger find.

pulltabsteve
05-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the forum guys! Look :beerbuddy:ing forward to see your posts.

JTGOLD
06-03-2011, 10:05 PM
welcome to the forum.

leslie(nova scotia)
06-04-2011, 12:42 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....welcome aboard folks. Gud lot here and you should feel at ahome! <;)

zrickkid
06-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum from just outside of Chicago. :)