PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with FooserPaul and Del

coinnut
05-21-2011, 10:41 PM
The Three Musketeers got together for a hunt closer to Paul's area. It turned out to be a great day weather wise. Had an early start and a late finish lol I was not having the best of luck and really didn't have much to show after 3 or 4 hours. >:( I did find a 1900 Indian head penny on top of a dug hole left by some other detectorist. thumbsup01 Thanks for the gift pal, who ever you are. lol Dan drew first blood and it looked like I was gonna have to hear about it until next Saturday :rolleyes: But as Dan says you're not good, you're just lucky :eyebrow: Now I take offense to that since I think I work hard at detecting...but you know, I think that man is on to something :thinkingabout: rofl He is right...I am just lucky lol At the last chance cellar hole, I finally pulled out a nice Large Rosette. About 15 feet later comes out an 1856 Seated Dime :happydance01: :happydance01: Saved by the bell. lol The surprise find of the hunt for me was what I thought was my only button of the hunt, and I'm not sure if it is or not, but it has a real nice shield design. And for you Dave, the largest Ox knob I have ever found. It was a great day to get out with friends :clapping: But I'm beat :sleepy:

angellionel
05-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Someone actually gave up on that Indian Head cent? lol It was good you were there to rescue her! :clapping: I do love that old Seated dime! :drool: It was a very good day for detecting after all of the rain we recently had. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
your hot on my tail in the oxknob dept.i better step it up! nice buttons and a sweet seated! nice job! hopefully someday i can meet Paul.
no ticks on me today at all.how was it down there .... parasite city ?

coinnut
05-21-2011, 11:15 PM
your hot on my tail in the oxknob dept.i better step it up! nice buttons and a sweet seated! nice job! hopefully someday i can meet Paul.
no ticks on me today at all.how was it down there .... parasite city ?

The ox knob crown is safe Dave lol I'm trying not to find any, but they seem to like me :rolleyes: You can meet Paul real soon, since rumor has it a gang of us may visit the Waterbury Parks next Saturday :thinkingabout: :cheesysmile: Ticks were non existent here too :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-21-2011, 11:20 PM
The ox knob crown is safe Dave lol I'm trying not to find any, but they seem to like me :rolleyes: You can meet Paul real soon, since rumor has it a gang of us may visit the Waterbury Parks next Saturday :thinkingabout: :cheesysmile: Ticks were non existent here too :clapping:

that's cuz there's no more silver up north! i wonder why :eyebrow: :angelic: <<hint hint

Ill Digger
05-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Thank you indeed lol Gotta love that! Didn't even have to dig it! lol
Love the seated silver :drool: Thats a day saver for sure! lol Heck, that could save a season! rofl
Good to hear the group of ya were able to hook up thumbsup01
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Great hunt!!! Love that seated :happydance01: :happydance01: And the ox knob lol It definitely was generous of someone to dig up that IH for you lol

coinnut
05-22-2011, 03:27 PM
It definitely was generous of someone to dig up that IH for you lol

Paul said he saw someone detect there a little bit ago and the guy was not really dressed for hunting woods lol He was too well dressed and I don't think he wanted to get that dirty. I think he dug it up and then could not locate it once on top because of the amount of nails around it and another target a couple of inches away (suspender buckle). So he gave up on it. :clapping:

del
05-22-2011, 04:16 PM
hey nice late dime George your definately on a roll with the seated coins this years :clapping: :clapping: i think Angel and i both can agree that if it wasn't for your last minute luck this year you'd be going home alot with your tail between your legs more . :poke: :poke: lol rofl lol

well as for me ...

yesterday was a great sunny for a change lol lol day of detecting with Paul and George my dfx against the two e-tracs i welcomed the competition and liked my odds but i tell you what some of them sites in this particular area have been pounded by someone or someone's. >:{ >:# :rolleyes: the pickings were very slim
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/roadsidecolonialwithwellVt.jpg
heres the first site where Coinnut was given the free indian head penny right on top of the ground ( have i mentioned how lucky he was ) :hairpulling: lol lol
i don't think Paul and i found much of anything worth while then we hit another site and i found a iron buckle and a button

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/largeUshapedcolonial.jpg

later we hit this site for a few hours for me it coughed up a button and a great sounding coinlike target at about 5 inches down ... yup Dave you guessed it , it was an oxknob >:/ >:# >{ :girlcry:
we worked it for a few hours and headed for another cellar , one right around the corner and thats where i found the 1775 King George III counterfiet copper a few buttons , pewter spoon. a few hours later Paul had to leave , had a great time Paul and thanks for the invite down. so George and i hit one more cellar site
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/bigchimney2.jpg
this is where we finished up and where he scored the dime and i found a few (not so old) relics one was a gem studded compact that had me very excited to see because it sounded like something clinking inside
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/gemstuddedcompact1.jpg
:shocked04: :omg: hopingto see some coins inside when i opened it but instead it was the broken mirror shards :hairpulling: :crying02: just my luck a broken mirror 7 more years of detecting with Coinnut :girlcry: :girlcry: :white:usaflag::

heres all the loot minus the compact ( it was in the cleaner)
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/may21stfinds1.jpg
and the front of the copper these were very weakly struck purposely to look like it had already been in circulation for sometime.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/1775counterfietcopper1.jpg

thanks for looking all.

Dan

coinnut
05-22-2011, 04:27 PM
That compact turned out :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: Real nice one. It is a monster size too. I hope all that makeup didn't go on at once lol Yep a broken mirror....7 years bad luck and detecting with me rofl You should have left it in the dirt 8/

i think Angel and i both can agree that if it wasn't for your last minute luck this year you'd be going home alot with your tail between your legs more . :poke: :poke: lol rofl lol

I'm afraid the odds are gonna catch up with me and I will be leaving empty handed soon :-\ :-\

That copper turned out pretty good considering the amount of dirt falling off of it. Nice counterfeit thumbsup01 All them sites in that area are tough hunting and the only way to get some goods is to be lucky or hunker down and grid sections and hope there is a missed target here or there. That is why them ox knobs hurt so much lol 1 hour hunting and no signals only to break the silence and dig an ox knob :hairpulling: :hairpulling: If we all combine our stuff, it would make a good hunt ;)

CTDirtFisher
05-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm last to chime in with his finds... as they were meger compaired to Dan and George :-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/FooserPaul/MD2011/May/21st/5212011_Totals.jpg

I have to say that Dan PROMISED me a colonial coin spill... I guess I was not specific enough as it was 2 Washington quarters... 1998 and 2000...

Here is my only quasi-decent item... Its a late 1700s pewter spoon bowl... or whats left of it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/FooserPaul/MD2011/May/21st/5212011_Pewter_SpoonBowl.jpg

I'm glad Dan nabbed a coppah... and George Mr Way to go! scored the seated... <:

Paul

sniffy
05-22-2011, 08:02 PM
looks like you guys had a blast...Glad to see you pullin Colonial Coppers Dan...I was worried for a minute!

aloldstuff
05-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Comon guys, its not luck, luck is only associated with the lottery. Congrats on the seated and the free IH

RobW
05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
That looks like a fun day of hunting. George those seated dimes are really liking you this year.....and so are the coppers. I think Dan's had enough :blackeye:

Congrats all 3 of ya :clapping:

randy
05-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Nice hunt guys :clapping: Glad to see that other detectorist missed that seated as well :clapping:

jkress
05-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Once again... excellent finds George. :clapping:
The Seated dimes you guys keep posting have me :drool: .
Still trying to add one to my collection. The Ox knob is a great find too. Haven't found one
of those either.
Congrats on your finds... I've recently learned that cellar hole hunting is not as easy
as one would think... not even close, a whole different ball game. :)
You guys have mastered it for sure. |:confused:)

del
05-24-2011, 02:37 AM
I've recently learned that cellar hole hunting is not as easy
as one would think... not even close, a whole different ball game. :)
You guys have mastered it for sure. |:confused:)

i don't know if you could call it mastered
Joe , we just don't know when to call it quits lol lol. perseverance is a major key to success .

RobW
05-24-2011, 08:00 AM
i don't know if you could call it mastered
Joe , we just don't know when to call it quits lol lol. perseverance is a major key to success .

No it's just plain stuborness lol

Toadman
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice finds !! I would love to hunt that place ! happydance02 happydance02 happydance02

zrickkid
05-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice stuff, how old is the shield button? :angelic:

coinnut
05-24-2011, 09:41 PM
how old is the shield button? :angelic:

:dontknow: :dontknow: I don't know lol But it looks old :thinkingabout:

tanacat
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
:omg: Dan, that gem studded compact is soooo cool! Too bad it didn't have a coin/coins in there, but still- way cool buddy! :yes:

So nice to see you 3 out hunting together- great pics and great finds!!!

(Hey George, you haven't updated your oxknob count! ) :poke: lol

wild willy
06-01-2011, 03:30 AM
ya i like the shield button george. willy

milco
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Excellent finds gentlemen!

Sal66
06-08-2011, 08:00 AM
WOW! Those stones are Pretty, what are they? Garnet? I'm not that good when it comes to gems except for my wife :blush:

Actually she probably would know what they are having worked in a jewelry Dept.
Too bad nothing was in it. Nice finds anyhow!